I Keep on Fallin

- Several months later - 

    Summer vacation had came and went, leaving you and your classmates bummed out as school began. The rest of your summer had gone by amazing. You and Shinso managed to enjoy it to the fullest by attending all sorts of various festivals and events. Jiro was, of course, ecstatic when she heard that the two of you were dating. Unsurprisingly, the rest of the school had found out about it in a week. So when you returned to school, you got all sorts of looks and stares. Some girls were jealous but overall people were just surprised to hear. Your mother was especially surprised when you had told her, but she was supportive. Unfortunately, you had to endure the sex talk from her. It wasn't as bad as what happened to Shinso. He had to endure a full on sex ed class from Aizawa sensei. You found it hilarious but Shinso was unamused. 

"Ready to go to karaoke, (Name)?" Jiro beamed. 

Denki stood next to her holding her hand. 

"Almost. Let me just put my stuff away."

    You leaned over to grab your book bag, your eyes landing on the empty seat a few rows away. That's where Yaoyorozu would've been. Your eyes lingered for a bit, wondering if she was doing okay. The school had investigated Yaoyorozu and her family over the summer and after a psyche eval, they determined that she was in unfit care and needed to be removed. It was a mess of a situation and thankfully, no one had found it. Yaoyorozu was handed over to her grandmother on her mothers side, who was more than happy to take care of her. Aizawa sensei had told you that she would be spending time in therapy and being home schooled until it was deemed it was okay for her to return to the academy. Although you were happy for her, a part of you still felt sad things had gone such a way with her. You and Shinso didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. Yaoyorozu just suddenly disappeared at the end of the summer. 

You shook your thoughts away and slung your bag over your shoulder. Shinso leaned against your classroom door, hand over his mouth as he yawned. 

"Sleepy much?" you raised an eyebrow. 

Shinso grabbed your book bag and carried it for you despite your protests. Ever since he started training more with Aizawa sensei, he had gotten cockier with his strength. 

"That substitute teacher we had for history was just so boring," he rolled his eyes. "The guy couldn't make it engaging it at all."

"Wow, didn't think you liked history," Denki commented. 

"It's very interesting once you have the right teacher," he shrugged. He turned his attention towards you. "So, we're heading to karaoke?"

"Hell yeah!" Jiro gushed. She threw her arms around you in a back breaking hug. "I'm so excited for this, aren't you, (Name)?"

"Y-Yes, Jiro," you coughed. "You're making it hard to breathe."

She let you go quickly. You took a deep breath, leaning against Shinso for support. The three of them laughed at your pain but you jabbed Shinso in the gut. You weren't going to let him get away with laughing at you. 

     As you continued walking down the hall, you saw Monoma in his classroom talking to Itsuka and Sen Kaibara. You two locked eyes for a moment, then waving to each other. At first, Monoma wasn't too thrilled when he had heard that you and Shinso were dating. He didn't even talk to you after he found out. It had hurt you deeply at the time however Jiro had advised you to give him time to process things. Eventually, he came around and apologized for ignoring you. In the end, all he wanted was to make sure Shinso wasn't an ass towards you. Although there were awkward moments where you could tell he still somewhat had feelings for you, you both managed to get past it and remain friends.