Prey

The summer breeze rustled in your hair; the smell of the sea enticing you to go back in for another dip. It was such a good thing that you had agreed to go on this trip. Monoma had been so kind to you throughout the evening, despite how complicated things were between the two of you. The two of you had made sun castles and you even buried him in the sand. You leaned back on your palms, letting your head hang back as the last sunny rays of the days began to set. 

"Do you wanna swim one more time, Monoma?" you asked, not peaking at him.

You watched the fluffy warm orange, and sweet sugary pink clouds in the sky melt into the night sky. 

"It's getting kinda late. You sure you want to?" Monoma asked. 

You nodded with certainty. 

      Summer break had finally begun and you were so happy that you decided to take Monoma's offer and have a fun beach trip with your friends. You got up from your towel and began to make your way towards the ocean. One last swim wouldn't hurt. Behind you, you could hear Monoma slowly make his way up and follow you. You stopped at the shoreline, letting the water rush past your ankles. The tide was beginning to pick up but the waves were calm. You sprinted before taking a dive. Your hair flowed above you as the warm ocean water cascaded over you. You burst through the ocean waves only to have a pair of arms wrap around you and quickly pull you to their side.

"Monoma!" you gasped.  "You scared me!"

You splashed water in his face as payback. 

"Oh, it's on now," he said with a mischievous grin. 

He wrapped his arms tightly around your waist before picking you up, spinning you around, and tossing you into the water. You fell in with a loud splash,  laughter erupting after you resurfaced. 

"I can't believe you just did that! I'm gonna pour sand down your shorts if you try it again," you threatened with a sly smirk. 

"You wouldn't," Monoma dared.

"Try me." 

     You started splashing him relentlessly as part of your payback. Monoma started to retreat back to the shoreline but you weren't going to let him get away so easily. You swam as fast as you could after him, and soon your legs came upon land and you were running after him along the beach. It had been a while since you ran as fast as you were going so it didn't take long for you to feel exhausted. You paused for a moment and doubled over with your hands on your knees to catch your breath. Monoma sprinted back to you chuckling. 

"Let's grab our stuff and head back to the cabin."

"Sure, I think Todoroki and Jiro should be finished with setting up the campfire anyways. I'm starving for some marshmallows." 

      The two of you headed back to your spot on the beach and gathered all of your items. You used one of the outdoor showers to get off the sand on your legs and butt, however you knew you would end up finding more later anyways.

"Stop staring," you chided Monoma. "Hurry up and get clean so we can head back."

"Alright, doll," he chuckled. 

You rolled your eyes at the pet name, a small smile on your face. 

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

       The sun had officially set and the sky had been painted a beautiful shade of dark, mysterious purple with a sprinkle of twinkling, white stars. You had taken a proper shower back at the cabin you were sharing with your friends and changed into a comfortable pair of blue track shorts with white lining on the side and a matching white t-shirt. Todoroki had easily lit the fire an hour1 earlier; with Denki insisting that he could have easily done it as well. Everyone sat around the fire with Jiro and Denki sitting in the center. Todoroki, Ochaco, and Midoriya sat to the left and Itsuka sat on the far right. You took your seat next to Jiro.