Chapter seventeen

ZOYA'S POV
Everyone had left and now it was just us family members.

"Ahad when are you going New York?" Saima di asked. I looked at Ahad with a questioning look as I don't know what they were talking about.

"Tomorrow Saima" he replied and I was stunned. First I don't know where you are going and second you are leaving tomorrow and I have no clue about it. I felt my anger rising so I excused my self and left to our room.

I paced around our room several times and tried to cool my anger. Ahad knocked on the door and came in. I held his collar tightly and pushed him again the wall.

"Oh hello hello! How did my kitten turn into a tigress?" He asked and I know he was trying to mess with me.
I ignored him and stared at him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going?" I asked after releasing  him from my grip. I turned around and faced the sky.

He hugged me from behind and rest his face on my shoulder. "I'm sorry! It happened suddenly and if it wasn't urgent I wouldn't go" he said kissing the sides of my hair.

I hummed but didn't say anything. I felt tears kissing my cheeks but I didn't want to break down. I don't know why I feel like this. I definitely know he will get mad seeing my tears.

"When will you return?" I asked in quite a low voice. "Two weeks" he said tightening his hold and me and inhaling my scent.

"So shall I pack your bags?" I asked quite awkwardly. He nodded negatively so I decided to go take a shower. He held my wrist as I tried to free my self he came infront of me. "Say something" he demanded. I looked up and hugged him tightly.

I really didn't want him to go but I know it might be very important. How am I going to stay without him. Ok I know I sound like some clingy wife but yea imagine the person that means the world to you is leaving and going.

He kissed my forehead and I smiled. "Promise me you won't cry" he said looking into my eyes. He places his hands on my waist and leaned against the wall.

"I don't make promises that can't be fulfilled Mr Khan" I said with a smirk and he shook his head.

I packed his stuff in his bag though he insisted while he sat and watched my little little movements. "Done!" I exclaimed and he pulled me into his lap. I wrapped my hands around him while he stared at me.

"What happened?" I asked running my fingers through his ever so soft and silky hairs. "I love you" he said and sealed our lips.

____________

The next day I woke up to an empty bed. I moved my hand on his side of the bed but it was empty.

I got up and looked around for him but he wasn't there. I remember sleeping in his arms so where is he now?
I took up my phone to call him but saw a note.

I'm sorry I left without informing you. But the times were rescheduled and I had to leave earlier. I love you! I promise to call you as soon as I reach. Please have the breakfast I made for you. It's at the side. I'm sorry once again.

Your Ahad

I was upset that he left without I telling him good bye. I so wanted to see him but he's gone. Nevertheless I got up and freshened up and ate the special pancakes and coffee my husband made.

After eating I went downstairs to find my father in law sitting nervously. Ahad did tell me not to interact with him. But what can I do? He's a human and I was never taught to disgrace and insult them if they didn't do anything to me. Even if they did do something my mom always taught me to forgive and forget.