Two

[Yes, That is indeed my art. I tried to do line art that wasn't black but that failed. Also, my stepfather is a fucking asshole..]

***

Roman awoke to a voices whispering around him. His chest felt tight and it hurt to breath. He tried to speak, but all that came out were choked out coughs. A hand gently pat his back while another gently played with his hair. 

"Roman, are you alright?" A voice asked. Roman opened his eyes a little, everything blurry and hazy. He nodded, not wanting them to worry about him. He forced himself to sit up, wincing as his head pounded. "Are you sure you are alright?"

Roman nodded again, rubbing his eyes to bring his vision back to normal. He looked around, barely able to make out Virgil and Logan through the haziness. He stood up gasping for breath as he doubled over in pain. He wrapped an arm around his midsection as he coughed. Everything was in pain, not that he'll ever explain why. 

"Princey! You're going to hurt yourself more, stay still," Virgil knelt down next to Roman. He helped Roman back up despite how Roman was pushing him away. He had never seen Roman like this before, and it was scaring him. 

"I-I'm fine V, j-just a little dizzy," Roman wheezed out. He needed to get out of there before Patton gave him another 'lesson' about his so-called 'acting for attention'. He  swayed as he looked around, trying to figure out where he was. He tried to blink the haziness away but all that did was make it worse. He did, however, manage to make out the commons room, which made it easier for him to stumble towards the stairs. Nausea was starting to hit him as soon as he began to walk. 

"At least let us--"
"N-no, I-I got it, I-I'll be alright.."

Roman ignored the protests of his 'friends' (if he could even call them that) and staggered up the stairs and to his room. He opened the door and nearly fell into the dark room. As he expected, Patton was waiting for him on his bed, his arms crossed and his expression was cold. 

"Roman, didn't I tell you to stop acting like this for attention?" Patton asked, a gleam of evil in his usually 'innocent' eyes.  Roman tried to find his voice but it was as if someone had pressed the mute button on him. "Well?" Patton asked expectantly. 

Roman tried to speak but no sound came out. He backed up as Patton walked towards him, his back hitting the wall and trapping him. Tears filled his eyes as he swallowed back the bile that was rising in the back of his throat. 

SMACK

His cheek burned as he lost his balance, falling to the floor in front of Patton. This gave the moral trait more room to do his 'lesson' as he calls them. Roman silently cried as pain shot throughout his body, blood staining parts of his white prince top from opened wounds. 

But he's fine. 

Absolutely fine. 

It didn't hurt at all. 

His eyes grew heavy as he blacked out for the second time that day.