Eight

[If you're procrastinating and you know it, clap your hands 👏🏻👏🏻]

*******

Falling...

That's how it felt to Roman.

He was drowning and falling at the same time. 

"Roman, if you can hear me, please come back.. I need you.." 

The voice echoed with his head. Who was that? It sounded so close yet so far away... 

He reached out, wanting to find the source but felt only darkness.

"Fight it, please Princey.." 

Roman reached out again, trying to get a grip on what's going on. He recognized the voice this time, but still found no light.

"Kick Death's ass! Please big bro.."

Bro..? Remus?! Oh gosh, he sounded so... not Remus like.. 

Tears filled his eyes and once again, he tried to reach out. He tried to get a grip on reality or anything that can bring himself back.

"You can do it, Roman.."

The encouragement gave Roman more strength to grasp onto the light. He struggled more to wake himself up, and was becoming desperate.

"You can do it, Creativity. I know you can."

That voice! It was so familiar! He was about to call out to it but all he could do was cough harshly.

"Roman! Oh thank God you didn't die!" Remus shouted as he threw himself at his brother. Logan had to pry him off the shivering prince.

"Give him some room to breathe, Remus," Logan spoke quietly despite how much he wanted to also tackle Roman into a hug.

"Wh-whats going on? Wh-why are you in my room?" Roman asked hoarsely. He could see the tear tracks on the four side's faces and knew they had been crying.

"You could've died Princey! Don't ever do that to us again!" Virgil launched himself into Romans arms, shaking as he cried into his friend's chest. Roman wrapped his arms around the anxious Side and held him close.

"I'm sorry.." Roman murmured, hating himself for upsetting the emo. Tears filled his eyes as he realized why they were in his room.

Then two more bodies joined the two on the bed and snuggled against them. Roman was a mess of arms and legs tangled against him as the others apologized repeatedly for not being there for him.