Three

[I tried drawing a stage background but gave up. I drew Roman though— also, I did it with my finger because my stylus is breaking—]

***

"Roman, get up. Now." Patton hissed at Roman. He kicked Roman's body but the prince didn't move. Oh shit. In a state of panic, Patton rushed out of the room. He wasn't about to get caught hurting Roman, especially since he knew the would be scolded by Logan and most likely grounded.

Roman lay there, bloody and bruised. His body ache and he couldn't get himself to wake up despite needing to. He could feel himself slipping into the darkness and he didn't like it at all.

"Roman, can you just not speak right now?" Patton sighed in frustration. Roman stopped speaking, his bright and passionate smile falling a bit. "Thank you. God, you're annoying sometimes."

Roman said nothing. He sat on the couch next to Virgil, notebook of ideas in one hand and pencil in the other. He had stopped using his pens and quills months ago since Logan didn't like it. He flipped to the page he had been ranting about moments before and stared at it, hoping an idea would come to mind without him being energetic. 

"You ok Princey?" Virgil asked softly. Roman nodded, not wanting his 'friend' to worry about him. 

Why did this feel so familiar? As if he had been through this before already? Was this a dream or was it a memory?

"Excuse me, Roman, are you feeling well? You look quite pale," Logan's voice brought him pit of his thoughts. Roman looked at him with an almost scared expression.

"I..I don't know.." he whispered, becoming more and more unsure of himself. He got up off the couch and went to his room. "I must be dreaming. Dear Sanders, please don't make me relive this nightmare.." 

Sitting on his bed was Patton and...[redacted]...? Oh no.. this cannot be happening..

"Oh, hello Roman. [redacted] and I were just talking about you." Patton giggled. He grinned at Roman's upset and scared expression. "We came to an agreement that you needed some help staying in line."

"I-I — wh-what—" Roman stuttered out, his voice seeming to disappear from him.

"Don't worry, it'll only hurt a lot."

>>>>><<<

Roman bolted up, breathing heavily. The world spun as nausea hit him. The prince covered his mouth as he forced himself off the floor and and stumbled to the bathroom. A hand rubbed his back soothingly and someone whispered comforting words as his stomach emptied out into the toilet. He didn't know whom it was, but the comfort felt nice. 

"S-sorry.." he whispered after he finished puking. "I-I'm s-sorry.."