Ten

[i have way too many angst related drafts. Idk how tf that happened but I'm hoping I can finish all my unfinished stories by December so I can post new ones in 2021]

*********

Remus hummed as he walked down the forbidden hallway. There was someone...special he needed to speak with before he can go execute—I mean talk to Patton. His eyes glowed green as the hallway got darker and darker. His footsteps echoed and he could hear the sound of an old rickety music box playing from somewhere.

The duke stopped in front of a clawed up door that looked like it belonged in an asylum. He knocked on it in a tune of Ring-around-a-rosy. A shiver ran down his spine as he summoned his mace for defense as the door creaked open and a humming Side stood in the midst of darkness.

"Oh hello, Duke." The Side giggled like a Disney villain. "So nice of you to visit little old me. Now we need Dee to make our two a three."

"Enough with the rhyming, Insanity." Remus growled out, looking around uncomfortably. "Look, I need your help [Redacted]. Patton hurt my brother and I want him to pay for it."

"Ooo! Goodie! Inny wants to play with you!" Inny giggles again. He wrapped a hand around Remus' arm gently as to not cut him or accidentally poison him. He followed Remus back to the Light Sides' commons, guiding the Duke through the treacherous forbidden hallway. 

It took a bit of sneaking around but they finally got where they needed to be: Patton's bedroom. 

Remus snuck inside with a smirk as he held his mace in a defense position. Inny walked in with a low hum, the lights flickering in the hallway as he slipped into his more...crazed...headspace. He smirked as he saw Patton exit the bathroom in just a towel. Remus let out a muffled shriek as the lights flickered out and Patton screamed.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you it was rude to scream in people's ears, Morality?"