Five

Roman refused to leave his bed the next morning. He ignored how Deceit and Remus tried to coax him to move. He ignored Patton at the door, asking him to come to breakfast. He ignored Virgil's question about how he felt. 

He just wanted to stay there for the rest of his life. 

He felt unmotivated. Hated. Plus the pain from the previous day made moving around a struggle. Bruises covered his body as well as some fresh cuts amongst his hip that he made when the two Dark Sides left to talk to Logan. So there he laid; a broken prince lost in his own darkness. 

"Roman? I would like to speak with you about ignoring us." Patton's voice made Roman flinch and snap out of his downward spiral of darkness. He waved his hand to lock the door, not wanting Patton to come in. A side can't come in unless the door is unlocked anyways. "Roman, open your goddamn door!"

"Haven't you ever heard of closing the goddamn door? No." Roman chuckled to himself, knowing Virgil would find the joke funny. "I don't want social interaction right now." 

Oh god. He knew  upsetting Patton will bite him in the ass later, but he couldn't bring himself to care right now. He began to hear other voices outside his room as well as yelling. He couldn't make out what was being said but He did hear his name get thrown around like a ball. 

Closing his eyes, Roman allowed himself to fall into the darkness of his mind once more. He felt rigid and heavy--as if he had a lot of weight on him. There was also a warm feeling surrounding him yet he knew there wasn't. Sweet but quiet music filled his ears and he knew... he knew what was happening.

He was beginning to slip away.