- 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

" friday nights frights "

JOHANNA IVERS
GETS A SURPRISE

THE BLONDE GIRL WATCHED THE CURLY HEADED NORMA JEAN AS SHE WORKED. Johanna was against the entire idea of working at the grub hub diner, but surrogate mom was very persuasive.

Norma quickly pressed the buttons on the cash register, hardly even stopping for a break. She pushed the last button as a ding sounded from the machine as Norma turned on her heels. "Okay, so that's how it's done, newbie." The curly headed girl said with a smirk as she crossed her arms. Johanna rolled her eyes at the girl scoffing.

"Maybe if you went a little slower I would be able to understand it a little more. And, for the literal fortieth time, I'm not new. I grew up here." Johanna said as she leaned against the counter. Norma nodded, a smirk still playing out over her face.

"Uh-huh, whatever. Newbie." She whispered as she walked away and headed into the back rooms. Johanna rolled her eyes and she huffed. If she could hang in there for another ten minutes. She was on closing with Norma, and the girls had already cleaned and closed the shop. Johanna has even changed back into her civilian clothes. They just couldn't leave until it hit exactly 8:15 pm.

Johanna leaned over the counter, resting her head on her elbows. She closed her eyes, waiting for the time to pass. She heard the bell ring from over the door, indicating the presence of some customers. She heard laughter and familiar voices, she just couldn't place who. "Can't you read the sign, assholes. We're closed." She said before opening her eyes.

That's when the sight of two very familiar girls came into view. Kathryn Burris and Wilma Hale. Their faces were red from the biting cold of Derry's fall. Johanna's face lit up as she stood up straight. "Is that little Johanna Ivers I see?" Kathryn's cheery voice rang out through the quiet diner. A large smile spread on Johanna's face as she gave the two a once over. She rushed around the counter, enveloping the two girls in hugs. "Katheter! Whale! My favorite sluts! How are you guys?" Johanna screamed as the girls parted.

"We're doing amazing now that you're here! Where's Dolly, he out yet?" Wilma responded to the blonde, smiling widely at the unexpected surprise.

"Yeah, Dolls got out a few months after you left." Johanna directed her response towards Wilma.

"Awe, so he's out there somewhere in the sea that is earth? All on his own? Poor babe!" Kathryn said, her voice dropping into a concerned tone. Johanna smiled at her friends motherly nature. Kathryn has always been the caring one. Johanna shrugged in response.