- 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

" i hate you "

JOHANNA AND RICHIE
SHARE A CONVERSATION

JOHANNA IVERS WALKED THROUGH THE DETENTION ROOM DOORS, AIR FLUTTERING AROUND HER FACE.  She rolled her eyes at the teacher standing in front of her, the same one that sent her to this hell hole. "Nice of you to join us, Miss Ivers. You're late by ten minutes." She spoke, not even turning around. Johanna made a face at her, flipping her off before the older lady could turn around — earning a chuckle from Richie.

She lowered her hand as she passed the woman. She hesitated, staring at the empty seat beside Richie. Just as she reached out to pull the chair, she turned on her heel and headed for the chair farthest from him. She knew that he wanted her, but she wasn't going to give in so easily. She hated him.

She sat down, throwing her bag on the table in front of her. She looked over at Richie, only to see him flipping her off..She rolled her eyes and blew a kiss at him; he pretended to catch it and throw it away. She snorted in response and turned to look at the teacher.

"Okay, you two. If you don't know me, my name is Mrs. Mannis. I'll be dealing with you for the next two weeks." The lady said, flipping through papers. She stopped suddenly and looked back up at the two. "Now, I'll be just in that office. Now, if you two are too loud, I'll double your detention times." She spoke in a shrill voice, one of which Johanna was just realizing was forgien. She couldn't place where though. That would mean staying in the room for long enough.

The woman turned and walked to an adjacent office on the right of the entrance to the detention room. Johanna let out a sigh and she pulled off her jacket, intending to take a nap. She bunched it up and laid down her head on the leather. She was close to unconsciousness when she heard the chair beside her move against the carpeted floor. She internally rolled her eyes as she breathed, "Fuck off, Tozier. Can't you see I'm busy right now."

She could hear Richie let out a chuckle. "Any time, Joe. Just give me the go ahead and I can have you right now." She just groaned and went back to what she was doing before, ignoring him to the best of her ability. She could hear him lay down on the table as well, meaning he was going to be there for a long time.

"Seriously, Tozier. You're making it really hard for me to get some sleep." She whined, still unmoving from her position.

Richie just mumbled a response, resting a hand on her thigh. She jolted her head up to glare over at the boy. He had his eyes closed, but that didn't stop her smug smile from playing out over his face. She pulled his hand away from her thigh and threw it back at him. "What'd I tell you about those hands of yours, Tozier?" She spit at him.

"Hmmm, I don't know. Maybe you could remind me?" He purred, his hand sneaking it's way back to her thigh. "I don't have anything planned after this, are you free?"

"No, I'm pretty expensive." Johanna said, crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair. "Awe, you're no fun, Ivers." Richie said, opening his eyes to look at the blonde. "I'm plenty of fun, Rich. I just don't like you, so you don't get to see the fun side of me." She mutters, rolling her eyes at the boy.

"You are one tough cookie to crack, Johanna. Didn't your mom ever tell you that playing hard to get never actually works?" Richie asked, his thumb rubbing circles into Johanna's thigh. "One, my mom is dead. She can't tell me shit." She paused, pushing him slightly. "And two, I'm not playing hard to get, I just don't like you. Like truly, I cant stand the sight of you. You're ugly and annoying." Johanna spoke,

"Uh-huh. Then why haven't you told me to move my hand."

She looked down, her eyes growing wide. She quickly recovered, scowling at the boy. "Move your hand." She spoke, her voice dripping in venom.

Richie moved his hand farther up her thigh, smirking to himself. "Hands off the merchandise, you fucking dick." She growled, trying her best to look disgusted as she grabbed his hand and threw it off of her. Her mind flashed to what he had said in the infamous letter. She couldn't let him in again, it'd be too destructive to do so. She hated him.

"You really think you've changed so much, don't you?" Richie said, sitting up.

Johanna rolled her eyes, not responding to the boy. "Under all that black and dark makeup, you're still the same girl. Well, let me tell you, Johanna." Richie leaned in close to her, whispering into her ear. "You can't fool me. I can see that your shaking in your leather boots, afraid of the big bad it coming to get you."

Johanna darted her head around, her face kissing distance away from Richie's. "Would you give it a fucking rest, Tozier. I have changed, wether you like it or not. I'm not that girl who would wait desperately for your attention. The one who cried for months when she got that letter, the one you sent. You're the reason I've changed, and I hate it." She growled. She stood up, her chair hitting the desk behind her, as she looked down at the boy.

He stared up at her, unable to look away. She saw pain and shock flashed in face. She glared down at him, her face crumpled in anger. She was at a loss for words, only anger flashed in her mind. "I hate you." she spat before walking out of the detention hall.

☆ * ☾☽ * ☆

mabrie speaks!

hi loves! thank y'all so much
for the overwhelming support
on this book! you guys are so
freaking nice, it's unfair lol.
but i don't wanna go on about
how much this means to me,
because i sound like i'm
humble-bragging. so how are
y'all doing? any fun and
exciting news?