twenty five (unofficial)

The Parts of Me

---

{{ Written by Stephanie N }}

---

《《 All Rights Reserved 》》

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Twenty Five | The Hidden Meanings Explained

Whenever writing, I had never intended to make a second book to the original: "The Other Side". I had always wanted it to end at the first one because of the way I wanted the storyline to play out.

The Other Side was always destined to end in a sad way, but the ending was to highlight that although things may not turn out the way we want things to end, finding acceptance and peace with it is the most important part of life.

The original ending (not mentioned the first book by only after I thought about it on my own time) that I had played out in the aftermath of that all was that Eun Mi and Mark were simply just first loves. They were the type of first loves that you would love and remember for the rest of your life but never would have the chance to be together even after all of those years apart. That is why they never took off their necklaces but weren't together yet at the end of the first book. Eun Mi alludes to it.

They originally were accepting of that.

However, I had found inspiration to continue the storyline between Eun Mi and fictional Mark Lee when multiple requests were sent in to continue the plot of what was The Other Side.

I created another storyline three years later instead of the original time they were supposed to stay away from each other. This is because I wanted to include a time period where idols were being sent off to the mandatory enlistment (Taeyong and Doyoung) and have Mark and Eun Mi be at a relatively younger age to portray how younger idols getting pregnant affects their careers.

If I had done the original time length, I felt that it wouldn't matter to some fans because their idol has gotten older and are almost in their thirties.

I stuck between the ages of 22 and 23.

This story is less factual based than the first story. I wrote this one for more entertainment and drama. This is all of the hidden explanation or commentary from me.

1) Chapter 1 Mellifluous: I totally forgot to mention in the first story that their group name is inspired by YangYang's SM Rookies Re-born Episode 3. He mentions on question 7 that his favorite word is Mellifluous. Since WayV debuted while I was in the middle of writing The Other Side, I thought it was too late to include WayV members in since I had already developed a whole storyline before physically typing it out. It was a nod to the WayV unit.

2) Chapter 1 Mark's Dating Rumor: "But how do you know it's fake? It could be just him wanting to hide it from fans. I heard idols do that." I said mushing the cake around with my fork.

Eun Mi doesn't feel so good when Mark's dating rumor is mentioned. It's like when you hear that your ex has gotten together with someone else when you thought you had a chance of going back with your ex. She mushes around her cake because she doesn't feel like eating it anymore after hearing the news.

3) Chapter 1 Terms: "The terms are similar to the past one include no personal relationship outside of business and stuff like that. However, the kissing part has been modified. Instead of simple, little innocent pecks and kisses in front of cameras. You may have passionate ones to convince paparazzi, like that one group that exposes idols dating." The staff said.