chapter five

I barely slept last night. My mind kept racing, not being able to get the idea that Cyrus was coming to get me out of my mind.

Also, it was hard to sleep knowing right next door was a vamp that wished I was dead, or at least thinks of me as such a bother.

I was tired, but I couldn't relax enough. After getting all my necessary items from my place in the morning, I took a well-needed long shower, getting away from everyone. When I finished, I fell asleep, only to be awoken by the sounds of the night club down stairs.

I sighed, getting out of Sam's bed and walking into the living room. Sam and Jake sat on the couch talking.

"Oh hey. I was wondering when you would get up." Sam spoke, turning to me.

I groaned. "I'd rather be asleep right now. When does the club close?"

"2 A.M. It's only just 10." Jake chuckled.

"Perfect." I whispered.

"But hey, you know we can go down to the club, have a few drinks, people watch." Jake smiled, standing up from the couch.

I squinted my eyes at them. "But it's not human night."

Jake shrugged. "Kevin allows us to go out whenever. We just have to stay in the VIP section. When you're here, you're family."

"Isn't that the Olive Garden slogan?" Sam questioned.

"Yep." Jake nodded.

I laughed. "Well, it sure beats staying here and listening to club music through walls. Let me go change into something a little nicer than sweatpants."

I went back into my room and a threw on jeans and a nice top. I didn't exactly plan to party, more so just to get out of this apartment for a while.

I walked out and Jake knocked on Colby's door. "Colby? You coming with us?"

"He's not here, bro." Sam replied.

Jake cocked his head to the side. "Where is he?"

"He went out looking for Cyrus. He left as soon as it was dark out." Sam informed.

"Can't vampires go in the sun?" I asked.

"Yeah, he just chooses not to." Sam smirked.

I snickered. "Right..."

We all left and went to the club, walking into Kevin's VIP booth that overlooked everything. I felt as if the whole room was looking at us. At me.

On stage stood Kevin, Mike, and a girl I had never seen before. She had light blue hair and was wearing a neon pink bando top, the shiniest silver pants I'd ever seen, and platform boots. She smiled widely at the crowd.

"Alright y'all! Give it up for Katrina!" Kevin yelled into the microphone, handing it to her.

Suddenly, a pop-dance song came over the speakers of the club. Everyone started dancing as Katrina began to sing.

I turned to Sam and Jake, who slowly slid ear plugs into their ears.

"You think she's a bad singer?" I suggested.

Jake shook his head. "She's one of the first up-and-coming vampire singers in LA. Her powers come from her singing. Apparently, she can make people fall in love with her through her voice."

"Like a siren?" I questioned.

Jake nodded. "Yeah. Sam has a huge crush on her."

Sam rolled his eyes. "Shut up, dude. The only reason I have any feelings is because she uses her powers. She's probably not even a good singer and she just makes herself sound like that."