chapter twelve

I groaned as I sat up in bed hastily, wiping the sweat off my forehead and chest. This was the third time this week I had woken up from a weird, reoccurring dream.

I keep dreaming about Kat, but... it isn't her. It's someone that looks extremely similar to her, like her sister or something. In the dream, I'm running after her in a forest. It's like she's guiding me somewhere I need to be. I always feel like someone is chasing after us, but I never feel confident enough to turn around. I just keep running, my feet unable to keep up with her. She's always calling to me to keep going. And then suddenly, I wake up.

It's weird enough she looks like Kat, but the fact that she isn't is causing slightly more concern for me.

I slowly trudged over to my bathroom, flipping on the light. I gazed at myself in the mirror: my hair a mess, a light sheen of sweat resting on my skin. I sighed as I splashed some cool water on my face and neck.

Suddenly, letters popped into my head. They were all jumbled around, and I felt a deep urge to write them down. I rushed back into my room, grabbing a notebook and pen. I started to jot down the letters I can see in my mind: I, O, A, A, R, X, M.

I look at all the letters. Nothing came to my mind as I stared at them. I began to try and rearrange them. After a couple of tries, I came up with a name.

"Xiomara..." I whispered to myself.

That's the girl from my dreams.

~ \ / \ / ~

I exhaled as I looked up at the Trapp Haus building. It was weird to be here. The last time I was, I was inside Colby's head and we almost kissed. That was over a week ago. I was trying to keep my distance, trying to get back to a normal life that I had prior to all this.

That was fucking unlikely, but a girl can dream.

The only reason I was coming back here was because I needed to know about Xiomara. I had a feeling the boys would know since they were the most knowledgeable about things dealing with vampires.

As I slowly got up to the apartment, I could hear a bunch of voices. I slowly opened the door and everyone's heads turned to me.

"Well, look what the vampire dragged in!" Kevin grinned, his hands resting on his hips.

Sam nodded his head. "We were starting to get worried about you."

Mike shrugged as he leaned again the kitchen counter. "I was kinda hoping she wouldn't come back."

I glared at Mike, holding back an eye roll. "Thanks Mike."

I glanced around the room, seeing everyone that was here. Kat and Sam sat on the couch, cozying up against each other, Jake was sprawled out on the opposite couch, eating an apple. Kevin and Mike stood in the kitchen.

And finally, my eyes landed on Colby, who was by the window, twirling a stake between his ringed fingers. He hadn't even acknowledged me, keeping his gaze out the window.

Ouch.

"So what can we do you for, Jade?" Kevin chuckled.

I replied. "I have a question about something. Um, it might be nothing, but I figure you guys would know if it is something or not."

"Well, now I'm thoroughly intrigued." Mike deadpanned.

"What is it, Jade? What's on your mind?" Jake questioned, taking a bite of his apple.

"Do you know if the name 'Xiomara' is important?" I answered.

The room's heaviness became apparent, no one's eyes wanting to look at me, as everyone fell silent.