Chapter 9

~First Imperial Prince, Su Ying~

Hello, bunnies! I'm really sorry for delaying the update. Since some of you have no idea how Su Ying looks I uploaded the pic here. It's the same person in the book cover.

Due to countless thoughts overtaking my attention, I had unconsciously started to tap my fingers on the wooden table. Another habit I had due to anxiety.

Feeling a presence in the room I opened my eyes and watched the man clothed in black, with his sword hanging on the waist. He was leaning onto the wall, silently observing me.

I narrowed my eyes as the tapping sound stopped, uttering the words with a hint of frustration, "My Imperial Twin Dragon amulet is stolen."

The always indifferent face had a light frown at my words. But, seconds later he had already reverted back to his blank expression. He didn't look bothered at all. This kind of ignorance reminded me of His Majesty. They can really be calm in this type of situation.

"...That man." These two words unexpectedly left his mouth. My body stiffened in response.

A frown stretched across my forehead, and before he could react a dagger had already landed an inch away from his stoic face, directly piercing the wooden wall behind.

My gaze sharply penetrated his body daring him to speak further. His eyes held a dark gleam, but he didn't move. He looked rather...

Amused?

I softly warned him, "Don't blindly accuse people."

Pulling the dagger off the wall he stepped forward and tossed it towards me, as I swiftly caught it with one hand.

I have to admit that I was very annoyed right now. If what annoys His Majesty the most was me and his harem. To me what ticks at my nerves were troublesome situations like this.

"Every step we take; we need to be cautious. You only need to observe him. Be alert of his every move. If he does anything suspicious, then report to me immediately. But I highly doubt his connection to the incident. Just in case, keep an eye on him for assurance."

"Hm." He was in deep thought as he gave me a short nod.

"Good." My fists balled tightly almost drawing blood out of my palms. I badly wanted to wreck my study chamber but I could only slam my fist on the desk in fury.

I feel a bad premonition.

Gritting my teeth, I stood up from my seat and approached the bookshelf. Having a brief glance at the neatly aligned scrolls in the left, I pulled out a bamboo scroll and unhurriedly opened it, quickly reading through the lines.

The Imperial Twin Dragon amulet was the most valued heirloom of the Imperial Family that had been passed down by the First Emperor of Xu Lin, Tang Li. The presence of this amulet to Xu Lin was massive because the amulet holds absolute power within the country and has access to every part of Xu Lin's forbidden lands. It was considered a sacred treasure of immeasurable worth, where Xu Lin citizens had worshipped the amulet for thousands of years. Since early times, the jade amulet was said to be protected and blessed by the gods, therefore, it was considered unique and mystical. Hence, the amulet was an irreplaceable existence within Xu Lin where people treated the jade with unconditional faith.

 Hence, the amulet was an irreplaceable existence within Xu Lin where people treated the jade with unconditional faith