Post Caedem

New York Times Opinion

There will come a day in the familiar world when you look upon the masses and feel as if you know everything. The vaults of life will have revealed themselves to you and the world will seem invincible; you know the secret so few do. Perhaps this epiphany will hit you multiple times, each time offering a revelation as to why it is better than the previous one. Maybe you will be fortunate enough to be old and grey, watching your grandchildren play or perhaps you will be dead in the middle of the road, too far gone to realize the mistakes of your revelations.

Your family will leave you, your mind will leave you, your body will leave you. You were born into this world alone and you will leave this world alone. And then, for a few brief seconds of complete isolation as the tangible world fades away and your kind begins to die, you will realize that man doesn't need a ruler; man needs anarchy. The system has pounded it into the feeble minded that a government is needed to maintain order. Self taught principles and survival are the foundation of evolution. Anarchy is not violent, anarchy is simply freedom and it is through violence that we earn peace. It is the freedom to live how you want and do as you please. The people who control the government are the purest form of anarchists; they get away with bypassing rules and law to benefit themselves while creating them to disadvantage others. Anarchy is the absence of suppression onto oneself. Anarchy is the right to live freely without hindering others right to anarchical ways, a right which the powerful abuse.

I kneel before you on my inevitable execution stage disregarding my own melancholy advice. To take a life is to end another beings anarchy. To perpetuate any regime, democratic or otherwise, is to destroy the human will of freedom. My life style was and will forever be the ultimate oxymoronic situation; the most aggressive form of an anarchist yet one of the most oppressive modes of success.

You can not know the worlds truth but you can live within your own. Head over heart we move through the drone of life to the full beat of society. Anarchy of our bodies is freedom. Anarchy of our minds is life.

The world should burn, and we should burn with it. Only then will we truly be free.

-Athena Zelin, letter to New York Times at the end of her career, 2025.

Published 2029.

A little holiday treat! You have Ashton's final words, now have Athena's. I will forever love their characters no matter how much time passes. Thank you to all my readers, my appreciation for you grows every day.