Part 14

*Richie*

"Mom, we have to take Eddie to the hospital!" I urge. My Mom recently has been trying to get sober after I broke down in front of her, mainly because of Eddie.
"Carry him to the car!" My Mom yells over the wining wind. I carry him and I lay his head on my lap as we drive to Derry home hospital. When we get there, doctors come to him right away.

"Richard, what is your relation to Edward?" A doctor asks.

"I'm his. Oh, what the hell, I'm his boyfriend. Can I come in the back with him?" I question.

"No, Nurse Monica will come and get you if we need any information. What are his medications?"

"They are in his fanny pack. His Mom has him on 7 medications." I explain. Suddenly, none other than Sonia Kaspbrak comes barging in the door.

"Where's my Eddie-Bear?" She screams. She comes over to me.

"Richard, you did this to him!" She screeches.

"No, you did. He's not healthy. Maybe it's better if you leave." I say, being as calm as possible.

She pushes me.

"Richard, Edward has woke up. He asked for you first." Nurse Monica explains.

I follow her to Eddie's room. I look over at the doctor, pumping his stomach.

"Chee?" He groans.

"It's me, Baby."

"You have to tell the doctors and nurses what happened. They may make you go home with her." I whisper.

"I am."
Nurse Monica and Doctor Gavin come in. I nudge Eddie as to tell him to tell them.
"Edward, we need to talk to you about your home life." Nurse Monica says. A counselor walks in. Eddie goes silent.
"Tell her exactly what you tell me, Baby." I tell him.
Eddie tells them everything.