Part 22

*Eddie*
Bev was right. He is going to ask me to marry him. He loves me!
"Of course I will." I whisper. Richie slides the ring on my finger. My ears fill with claps and cheers. Richie smiles brighter than I thought possible. He picks me up and spins me around. I give him a longer, sweet, and tender kiss. Even Adrienne was clapping.
"Eddie, the reason Richie and I went on the "business trip" is so we could plan this. We made Stan stay with you so it wouldn't seem suspicious." Bill explains. I look over at Stan and Richie, who are talking on the side. Maggie comes over to me.
"Eddie, I knew once I met you that Richie would marry you. Just the way you two look at each other and how you treat each other."
I sit at the table by myself, getting overwhelmed. Richie sits next to me, setting his hand on my thigh.
"You okay, Baby?" He asks.
"Just a little overwhelmed, Babe."
He puts me in his lap like the old days. I grin.
"I'm happy we got together." Richie whispers.
"Me too." I respond. Just then, then the chorus of 'Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy' comes on.
"Lover boy, whatcha doing tonight." Richie and I belt out singing. A song that brought us together. A song that would keep us together. For the rest of our lives.