Chapter 9

Hey guys, Cheryl here. Welcome to Chapter 9 of Book 1: New Revelations! Shoutout to Reage19!!! He or she (I'm so sorry. I don't know if you're a boy or a girl. 😅) is the first person to comment on my story. Go check her out! Promise me! Now, without further ado, enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emma's POV

I walked away from the Agreste Mansion, not looking back. I didn't know where I was going to go yet. I didn't want to disturb Alyssa and I definitely didn't want to see Alan, so staying at their house was not it. At least not for now. I continued walking down the street. A few people glanced at me out of the corners of their eyes, looking at me strangely, not that I could blame them. What was a young teenager like me doing out on the streets at night lugging a giant suitcase around? I ignored them and continued walking.

After a few blocks, I had a strange feeling that someone was following me. But every time I turned around to check, there was no one there. I didn't know if it was my conscience talking or it was just a sixth sense or something, but I didn't like it. No matter how hard I tried to ignore it and suppress it, it always came back.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and ducked into an alley way. I turned around and demanded, "Ok, this has gone on long enough. I know you're following me. Show yourself!" At first, there was no response and I was starting to think that I was just imagining it. Lucky I ducked into an alley way before doing this. If I did it in the open, people will definitely think I've lost my mind. Then, I heard a small sigh, barely audible, and I jumped out of my skin, shocked at the sudden noise. Tikki came out of the shadows, smiling at me with worry and concern in her eyes.

I quickly looked around, checking to make sure no one else was in the alley way. I grabbed Tikki and cupped her in my hands. I whispered to her, still looking around worriedly, "Tikki! Why did you come here? Someone could see you!" Tikki looked up at me and replied, "I saw you run away from home Emma. I had to follow you! I had to make sure you were going to be ok!" My heart warmed at the little kwami's actions.

I was struck with a sudden thought and I asked Tikki, "Did Mom and Dad send you after me? Wait, did you tell Mom and Dad that I ran away?" Tikki shook her head and smiled up at me sadly, then replied, "No Emma. I wanted to check on you after you left the dining room. I heard a loud bang when I went to your room and found the window open and you climbing out of it. I know you have your reasons for running away, but Marinette and Adrien are going to be so worried." Can I really trust her? She is the one that helped Mom and Dad keep secrets from me. But she did come all this way to make sure that I was alright.

I stroked Tikki's head softly and said, "Thanks Tikki. But I needed some time away. Away from Mom, Dad, Hugo, Louis, Alyssa, Alan..." I felt my face flush at the mention of Alan. I really needed to get this blushing thing under control. Tikki gave me a knowing smile and I quickly continued, "To think things through. There was been a lot of crazy going on these past few days." Tikki sighed and said, "Ok Emma. I understand you need space. I'll just go back to the house and-" "No wait! Would you stay with me? Please?" I interrupted with pleading eyes. I needed someone with me right now. If not to make sure that I don't get into any trouble, then a friend who knows everything about what I'm going through.

Tikki smiled at me kindly and replied, "Of course Emma. I'll always be here for you." I took some chocolate chip cookies out of my backpack and handed them to Tikki, then put her in my purse. I smiled to myself. It felt nice to know that I will have Tikki right there beside me. I walked over to the Le Grand Paris hotel. I quickly booked a room and crashed onto the bed. Most of the time, they wouldn't allow kids like me to even step foot into the Le Grand Paris hotel, but Mom and Dad are Marinette and Adrien Agreste, both very big names in the fashion industry, which makes me a mini celebrity by default.