Chapter 30

Hey guys, Cheryl here. Welcome to Chapter 30 of Book 1: New Revelations! You know, I originally planned to release this Chapter a lot earlier, but AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT, that idiot being me, accidentally deleted the first 3000 words of this Chapter. So you can thank her for that. I'm also very angry. :) Now, without further ado, enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emma's POV

"Carmen." I stated, keeping my guard up. Carmen is dangerous. Unbelievably so. There's no telling what she would do to me in order to appease her anger.

"Hello, dear Emma. Pleased to see you again. But it's not Carmen, darling. That part of me has long since passed away. I am the Queen of Hearts! As your Queen, you should very well remember my name." Carmen smiled maliciously, landing on the ground. "Mind telling me what you're doing here? I thought you had long since returned to the Agreste Mansion. I was going to look for you there. But my instincts told me that you'd be here. Guess they were right, weren't they?" 

The only sounds that could be heard were the ruffling of Carmen's dress. Though now that I take a closer look at it, Hawkmoth surely exceeded all expectations with this outfit. Honestly, it looked beautiful. It looked like something straight out of Mom's sketchbook. Even GG's. It might be a little over the top for a modern teenager, though. Even the way Carmen speaks is different!

Damn it... How am I going to get out of this mess? If only I'd been faster... I wouldn't even be caught in this mess in the first place... Emma, snap out of it. This is no time to dwell on what you should've done... I need to lead Carmen away from here as soon as possible. Lexi is way too close for comfort. If Carmen finds her, there's no way Lexi can fight back. Or even run, seeing as I tied her up. If Lexi gets caught, it would be all my fault.

I'm pretty sure I have a good chance of escaping, given my background and my secret alias. But I have no idea what Carmen's powers are. I'll be walking straight to my death if I tried anything now. The last thing Paris needs is an incapacitated Ladybug. Before I even try anything, I'll have to at least collect some information on Carmen... Even if I don't manage to escape, it'll help Chat Noir and Ladybug defeat Carmen later on...Though it doesn't seem as if Chat Noir would be here for quite a while...

My eyes widened slightly as I realized something. Something that could potentially put the whole of Paris into danger.

Hold on... What if Chat Noir went to find Emma and Lexi in order to hide them from Carmen?! He wouldn't know that I already hid Lexi! Chat Noir would be led on a wild goose chase all over Paris! Just how much time would he waste doing that?! By the time Chat Noir gets here, who knows what Carmen would've done?! Ladybug can't help this time, either! Damn it! This really is the worst case scenario!

No.

You can't lose control of yourself, Emma.

Calm down.

I took a shaky breath, trying to calm my nerves. But Carmen's presence isn't making it any easier.

Chat Noir knows Ladybug well enough. He probably thinks that Ladybug would've went to secure Emma and Lexi's safety the moment she found out about the akuma. He probably thinks that it's useless trying to find Ladybug and help her. The best thing that he could do to help as of now was to stall Carmen until Ladybug got here. At least, I hope that's what he's thinking...

"Hey."

All of a sudden, I couldn't breathe. The oxygen left my lungs as I felt myself being lifted off of the floor. "I don't like being ignored. I hope you understand that, darling. I really do. For your sake." Carmen seethed, her grip only tightening around my neck. Damn it... At this rate, I'm going to lose consciousness... There's no way I can defend myself in that state! I'll be even more of a burden to Chat Noir! This is bad. Really bad! Really... Really bad...