Chapter 28

Hey guys, Cheryl here. Welcome to Chapter 28 of Book 1: New Revelations! Hm... I don't know what to say... I doubt any of you even read this part, do you? 😅 It doesn't matter, though. To be honest, I don't either! Well, I'll keep it short today. Now, without further ado, enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carmen's POV

"I can't believe Lexi!" I screamed, slamming the front door open.

Mom poked her head into the living room. "Carmen! Don't scare me like that!" Mom chided, walking over to me. "I don't care!" I yelled, flopping onto the couch. I was completely pissed. Words can't even begin to describe my rage for Lexi. She's definitely going to pay for this... One day...

"Carmen? What's wrong?" Mom asked, coming over to sit beside me. "It's Lexi! She asked Alan to go to the dance with her today! I can't believe she would do that to me! What's wrong with her?!" I groaned, throwing a pillow across the room.

With extreme patience, Mom walked over to where I had thrown the pillow and picked it up, placing it where it belonged.

"That's not the worst of it! I was about to give Lexi what she deserved! But Emma stopped me! I don't know who's worse! Ugh! I hate the both of them! Damn, Emma! You should've just let me punch Lexi!" I ranted, absolutely furious. This was possibly one of the worst days of my entire life.

Mom visibly tensed up when she heard Emma. I knew I struck a nerve. Mom can deny it as much as she want. But we all know that Mom had a crush on Adrien Agreste. We all know that given a choice, Mom definitely would've chosen Adrien Agreste over Dad.

"Carmen... There are many more options out there for you... " Mom replied, clearly choosing her words carefully. I gaped at Mom I'm disbelief. Out of everyone I know, why was Mom the one telling me this?!

"Mom! How can you say that?! I don't believe you!" I shouted, completely outraged. I had thought at least Mom would understand how I felt. But apparently, this wasn't the case.

"I know. I understand how you feel, Carmen. Trust me, I really do. But Alan isn't the only boy you're going to like in your whole life. I'm sure you'll find someone else soon enough." Mom replied in a soothing voice. Though her words didn't soothe me at all. If anything, it only made my rage burn brighter and brighter.

"How could you?! You don't understand how I feel at all! If you did, you wouldn't be saying this right now! Don't you remember how much you used to like Mr Agreste?! You're only saying that because you eventually found Dad!" I screamed, completely at my wit's end. Today just keeps on getting worse and worse.

Silence filled the living room as I finished my ranting. Mom stared right at the ground, not saying a word. To be honest, it was a little strange. More than a little strange. Mom wasn't someone who keeps quiet when something's on her mind.

"Carmen... " Mom started, breaking the tense silence. "Go to your room."

Silence, once again, filled the room as I tried to process what Mom had just said. "What?" I asked in complete disbelief. Did Mom really just say what I think she said? "You heard me." Mom continued, eyes still not meeting mine. "Go to your room."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Mom has never said this to me before. Never in my whole life. What's wrong with her?! Who does she think she is?! "You're joking! Why the hell would I want to go to my room?!" I replied indignantly. What's going on with Mom today?! She's acting awfully strange today...

"Carmen. I'm not giving you a choice. Go to your room. Now." Mom said with clipped words. I didn't understand what was going on. Mom seemed extremely angry all of a sudden. What did I do?! Just because Mom's angry doesn't give her the right to treat me like this. Unacceptable!