Chapter 31

Hey guys, Cheryl here. Welcome to Chapter 31 of Book 1: New Revelations! This Chapter was originally going to be included in the previous one... But I thought that it might be too long, seeing as the total might add up to more than 10000 words. But, by all means, enjoy this one too! I really hope you do. :) Now, without further ado, enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan's POV

It was painful.

Really painful.

To see someone going to murder Emma.

It really was.

After all, Emma's one of my best friends. You'd have to be completely inhumane to not feel any form of sadness or fear.

I had hoped and prayed with all my heart in those few seconds that a miracle would happen and Emma would be saved.

And a miracle did happen.

I just didn't expect that miracle to be my sister.

Alyssa charged out from the side of the school, wielding an iron rod. While Carmen was still processing what was going on, Alyssa came up from behind her and hit her right in the back of her head. 

"What?! Who dares to hit me?! I am the Queen of Hearts!" Carmen screamed in outrage, falling to the ground from the force of the impact. Carmen still hadn't seen Alyssa's face. Though I'm sure that in a while, she'll recognize Alyssa from her voice.

"QUEEN OF HEARTS?! HA! YOU'VE FINALLY SNAPPED, HUH?! YOU'RE SO IN OVER YOUR HEAD! NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL CALL YOU QUEEN, CARMEN! YOU'RE JUST A SPOILED BRAT! A STUPID BITCH! AND IF YOU JUST DID THAT, IT WOULD'VE STILL BEEN FINE! THE ONE MISTAKE YOU MADE WAS BRINGING EMMA INTO THIS! I'LL KILL YOU! I REALLY WILL! YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE ME ON THE VERGE OF INSANITY! YOU REALLY DON'T!" Alyssa screamed, clearly on the verge of insanity.

Emma!

My gaze shifted to Emma's form. Somehow, she had already freed her hands and was staring at Alyssa in shock. Not that I blame her. Alyssa has always been unbelievably impulsive. But I didn't think that she'd do something like this. Not in her life or mine.

"Guards! What do you think you're doing?! Protect me! Protect your Queen! NOW!" Carmen yelled, apparently having enough of Alyssa breathing down her neck. The tens of servants lining the courtyard began to move from all directions, walking towards Alyssa.

"Don't think you can get away with this by calling your servants to help you! Ladybug and Chat Noir might be kind Samaritans who won't hurt anyone, regardless of the situation. But I'm different! I'll do anything for my best friends! Do you really want to fight?! Fine then! I'll take all of you on!" Alyssa yelled in response, lifting her iron rod into the air. The rage radiating off of Alyssa was immense. I truly believed that she would be able to take care of herself. If not for the fact that Carmen was dangerous and could possibly kill both Alyssa and Emma, I probably wouldn't have moved from my spot.

Quickly, I grabbed my baton off the floor and knelt beside Emma. "Can you walk?" I asked quickly, helping Emma up. Emma nodded, and I let go of her arm. But the moment I did, Emma fell to the floor. Her legs clearly couldn't support her own weight. "I'm sorry... I guess the box did more damage than I thought it did... " Emma responded with a small chuckle.

I glanced behind Emma, finally noticing the box lying on the ground. I was surprised at how small it was. It was a miracle that Emma was able to fit into it at all. It must've been extremely cramped, though. "It's alright. I'll just... " I trailed off, not quite sure how to put what I was about to do into words. Screw it. Screw everything! I just need to get Emma and Alyssa to safety! That's my top priority!