21

Yejin POV
"Well can I ask you something?" Soobin asked me. I swallowed my saliva and nodded.
Does he know already? Did he already find out? Oh shit I'm doomed.
"Erm do you wanna have dinner with me later after detention? Like I wanna thank you for sending me to the nurse when I fainted. I must have been very heavy hehe.." he giggled at himself while scratching his head and looking away.
Is he being shy?
I smiled at his gestures, especially his giggle. Doesn't he have to accompany his girlfriend? Maybe she went back. I shrugged in my brain.
Music
His laughter was music to my ears.
"Yea sure, I have no plans today" I replied.
I saw him smile. I looked away and smiled also, trying to use my hair to hide my already burning face.
Soobin POV
Why didn't I dare to ask her?
Such a coward.
At least I get to hang out with her today.
Just at the thought of it made me smile. My heart is beating ferociously against my chest, it's like it's gonna pop out any moment now.
Where should we go? Should we have dessert after dinner?
"You two are dismissed today. Please behave yourselves next time!" The teacher said and left the room. I looked towards Yejin and we both shrugged at the same time at what the teacher said. We laughed because we did the same move.
"Let's go I'm hungry" I said while picking up my bag from my precious seat and standing up heading towards the door.
She followed behind me and I held the door opened for her while she walked out.
"Thank you" she said, her facing turning pink slightly. I smiled at how cute she was.

"Where do you want to eat at?" She asked me.
"Erm, what do you want to eat? I'm thanking you so you should choose" I said.
"Hmmm, let's go have street food shall we?" She suggested.
"Ooh sure let's go" I agreed and we chatted along the way.

Yejin POV
I am happy. I got to spend half a day with my long-term crush and I'm having free food, that's a win-win situation. We chatted along the way towards the night market that sells street food. We talked like there was no tomorrow, like we were old friends but actually we didn't even talk to each other a lot in middle school even though we were like classmates for three years. Now, is the fourth year we're in the same class but in high school and it's the first time that we hang out and talk like old friends. I smiled, it was such an enjoyable evening.

We got to the nearest night market and bought our food. He paid like he said he would. We sat down by the river while eating our food.

"How's the food?" He asked me.
"Amazing" I replied, especially with you.
"Great" he replied.
"So are you awkward with me?" He asked. I shook my head indicating a no.
"Why is that so?" He asked.
"Why do you think I'll be awkward with you?" I asked him back.
"Well, we didn't talk until the fourth year that we kinda like know each other, I thought you will be weirded out by me suddenly asking you out" he said.
Ask me out?
"Haha no, I wouldn't be. I actually wanted to be friends with you all these while" I said without thinking.
What the hell did I just say?
"Actually me too, like I kinda realise you're actually pretty nice, unlike about what others say about you" he said.
"What do others say about me?" I asked.
"Errr"
"It's okay if you feel uncomfortable to say" I said.
"No not at all, I just don't want you to know that's all. I want you to live happily and not care about what others think about you. You should just be yourself, that's the natural beauty in everyone" he said.
"Thanks..you're pretty nice too" I said. I finished the last bite of my food and so does he.
I took a look at the time.
It was 8.57pm.
"Hey it's getting late, thanks for the treat today. I'll be heading home" I said while standing up.
"It's late I'll drop you off" he said while standing up too.
"Nah I'm fine" I rejected.
"No, I insist. It's late and it's dangerous for a girl to go home alone at this time" he said.
"But-"
"No buts" he said. I smiled and replied with a silent 'ok'.

We walked back and it was getting colder as it was late.
"Ah choo" I sneezed while pulling my blazer against my body. I didn't bring an extra jacket out because I thought I will be heading home straight after school. I rubbed my hands together to get some warmth.
"You feeling cold?" He asked.
That's pretty obvious right?
"Nah I'm fine, the weather is so cooling" I replied.
"Ah choo" and my actions betrayed me. "Haha" he laughed. He removed his jacket and put it on for me.
"It's actually fine I don't need it I'm reaching home soon" I said.
"No buts" he said again. DEJA VU.
I couldn't help but just followed his 'orders'.
"Thanks" I said.

"I've reached. Thanks for today Soobin ah" I said while turning around.
"Kurae, rest well tonight. I enjoyed myself a lot today, see you tomorrow in school" he waved before leaving. I waved back and entered my apartment.
I removed the jacke- oh shit he's jacket. I opened the door and the cold wind welcomed me. He was long gone. I closed the door and placed his jacket on the chair.
Seems like I gotta give it to him tomorrow in school then.
I went to do my night routine and headed to bed early.