22

Hey Soobin, how's detention yesterday? Fun? Haha kidding...
You seemed happier lately and when you're happy I'm happy,
Hope everything's okay
Have a great day today too!!
I love you XOXO
-YJ

Yejin POV
I quickly wrote the note and slipped it under his desk. I walked back to my seat and placed his jacket on my table so that I will remember to give it back to him.

About 15 minutes later, 30 minutes before lesson, he walked into the classroom. He looked up and our eyes met which made us exchanged smiles. He then walked to his table and his hand went under his desk. He took out the slip of paper and read it. He was smiling.
Great. He's happy today too.
I stood up, took the Jacket with me and walked towards him. Just then someone else walked in but I didn't really see who was it. He was the only one in my eyes.
"Hey thanks for yesterday, here's your jacke-" I said but was cut off by a hand on Soobin's arm. I looked towards his side and saw his girlfriend.
Right, I'll never stand a chance.
Friends is the furthest I'll ever go
"Can we talk?" Jihyun said.
Soobin looked at me as if asking for permission.
"I'll leave the jacket here" I said and placed it on his table before turning away and walking back to my table. My eyes were fixed on two.
Soobin nodded at Jihyun and they headed out the classroom.
I sighed deeply.
"They're happy together I shall not interfere" I breathed in spoke to myself in an obvious tone.
I opened my book and started preparing for today's first lesson.

Soobin POV
"What else is there to talk about?" I asked her once we reached the rooftop which I followed her all the way up here.
"Why? Ain't I good enough?" She asked. I sighed.
"I thought I made it clear enough that it isn't your fault, it isn't anyone's fau-"
"Then whose was it? Why did you have to leave me like this? I thought we were doing fine!"
"Nobody's! Just no one! That spark I had for you in the past didn't last!" I shouted.
"It's her, isn't it?"
"Huh"
"Yejin"
"What?"
"You like Yejin, she was in this the whole time, she stoled you away from me!" She cried.
"She's got nothing to do with this! We were friends since middle school!"
"No! You guys don't even talk!"
I fell silent. She's right. We only started talking recently.
"What? Cat got your tongue?" She said.
"So it is her huh?" She asked.
"No it's me, it's my fault since the start. I accepted you because you were really nice and kind and I thought we could work. I really do" I told her sincerely.
Her face was red with falling tears. She squat down on her knees and continued crying.
"Jihyun I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm sorry" I said while squatting down next to her.
"Do you love her?" She asked.
"What?"
"Do you love Yejin?" She asked again.
I fell silent. She then stood up and dried her tears before speaking.
"Don't hurt her or any other girls anymore. I'll find you and beat your ass if I know you're going around hurting girls,especially Yejin" she said. I smiled.
"Thanks for understanding Jihyun" I thanked her. She smiled at me and left.
After awhile, I headed back to class for lessons.
There she was reading her textbook silently by herself.
The teacher then came in and lessons began.