[10]

"You okay?" A feminine voice spoke out of the blue.

A pair of black combat boots came in my line of sight.

I looked up and straightened my posture. In front of me was a gorgeous tall girl.

Her hair was jet black, she was wearing a leather jacket and black pants. At the end of the sleeves of her jacket you could see her tattoos trying to peek out. Beside her was a cute alaskan malamute.

She cleared her throat waiting for my response.

"Oh! Yeah I'm okay" I chuckled nervously.

Her blue eyes stared at me with fierce.

"What's their name?" I asked fidgeting with my fingers.

Her eyes immediately went to her dog.

"Atka, his name is Atka"

I kneeled down to Atka's height and started patting his head.

"Atka" I repeated smiling softly.

"What's your name?" I looked up at her while still petting Atka's fluffy white and grey fur.

"Parker" She said staring at me emotionless.

"Parker! It fits you" I grinned and directed my gaze back towards Atka.

"Thank you" She softly said and kneeled down too.

"He's so pretty" I said in amazement.

Parker nodded agreeing with me.

Atka wagged his tail enjoying the affection he's getting.

"Mind if I hang out with you for a bit? You seem lonely" I smiled at her, still petting Atka.

"I don't mind" She said standing up from her crouched position.

I stood up and we started walking towards a small cafe that allows pets to come inside.

"How old are you?" I asked her trying to start a conversation.

"Twenty" She simply said.

"Oh! I'm eighteen!" I said skipping ahead.

"What's your name?" She asked causing me to stop skipping.

"Maddie!" I chirped.

We walked silently the rest of the way to the cafe. The bell rang singling that we entered the cafe.

"What do you want?" She asked handing me the leash that was attached to Atka's collar.

"Uh.. I was planning on buying a hot chocolate with marshmellows. But! with my own money" I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Go find a table. I'll buy it for you" She said walking towards the counter.

I sighed but obeyed anyways. At least I got a free hot chocolate though.

Sitting in a booth I scooted to the end and patted the left over space in a gesture for Atka to sit there and he did.

He laid down and set his head on my lap. Parker came with our drinks and a dog friendly snack for Atka.

"So, do you have a job?" I asked trying to get to know her.

"Yeah, I work at the JYS corporation" She said taking a drink of her black coffee.

"What do you do there?" I asked with curiousity.

"I'm actually a manager there. Though I usually do paperwork and respond to other companies" She said putting her cup down.

"Do you think I could work there?" I asked sipping on my hot chocolate.

"Yeah, you can apply to be a designer since that's the only one that's open" She said staring at me but this time her eyes softened.

Maybe she's getting used to me already.