Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ralph’s POV

            Tyler has been gone for a week. The second she crossed the borders, I felt the pack link shrink a little. It’s a gift that we alphas have. Every time a pack member dies or leaves without permission, the pack link shirks letting us know about the lost. But what I don’t understand is why she would leave in the first place.

            Parker told me that she was doing great. Her and my boys were getting close. Parker walks into my office looking like he hasn’t slept in the past week. And knowing him, he probably hasn’t. “I’ve called everyone Ralph. All her old friends and pack mates. No one’s seen or heard from her.  It’s like she just disappeared off the earth.”

            “We’ll find her brother. I’ve already let most of the alphas in every direction from us know that she’s missing and that she would be riding a motorcycle. I gave her description and scent to my best trackers. We will find her.” I tell him, lacing my words with more hope and confidence than I felt.

            Parker rubs his face slowly as he rests his head against the wall. “I hope so Ralph. I surely do. This is killing Sarah. She’s worried that Tyler went off somewhere to kill herself. Ever since the death of Sam, she’s been so distant and depressed. And I’ve gotten to that point of thinking as well. As much as I hate to think that my baby girl would do something like that, right now I wouldn’t put it past her.”

            I let out a groan. “Parker, I’m sure that Tyler would never do anything like tak...” Daniel knocks on my door and walks in. “What is it son?” I ask seeing his face clouded with worry. He hung his head as he stood before me. “I just wanted to tell you why Tyler ran from the beach. I know you asked us if something happened and we said no. But I just found this out father. Ryland told me that she texted him late Friday night asking directions to the beach. She told him not to tell us that she might be coming because she wanted to surprise us. She was finally letting us in, letting us become friends.

            “Uncle Parker said that Tyler left the house about eight. I’m guessing that since she didn’t really know the way, she took her time driving. We didn’t know she was at the beach until Ryland saw her running away. He could tell she was crying, so we took off after her. Dustin came running out of nowhere calling after her, saying her was sorry that he didn’t mean it. I got to the parking lot just in time to see her racing off on her bike. She didn’t have her helmet on and she was driving fast.

            “By the time we made it to the fork, she was gone. It started raining, so we lost her scent. We thought she went home, so I sent Michael and Ryland to see if she made it there safely. I went to have a talk with Dustin. He confessed that she was his mate and that he let a little kiss at the beach go too far. Tyler must have seen it. But then half-way through me questioning him, I asked him how he met Tyler and he looked at me like I had two heads. He said that he didn’t know any Tyler. And when I told him that Tyler was his mate, he laughed. He said that Callie was his mate.

            “I don’t understand it father. They were mates, but he doesn’t remember ever meeting her. And he thinks that the pack whore is his mate. How could this happen?” He asked me his voice filled with hurt and pain. “It wasn’t your fault Daniel. You didn’t know that Dustin would do what he did. Let me think.” I get up and head to my hidden library. Searching the shelves, I find the book I was looking for.

            Flipping through the pages, I finally find what I was looking for. “I remember reading this many years back. Apparently, when wolves were first created by the goddess, mates were very rare. If a wolf with a mate was rejected, their mate died, or their mate cheated, the one that was innocent in the doings would get a second chance mate. This second mate would be just as innocent and pure as the one that was hurt. But the mate that insinuated the rejection or cheating would be stuck with whoever he was with at the time of the accident. That person would be their mate. It says here that the moon goddess would erase their most of their memories so that they could lead a happy life.”