Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ralph’s POV

            A man led us to Blackstone’s study. We waited for five minutes before he walked in. “I’m sorry that y’all had to wait. I was just informed that y’all where here. What can I do to help you?” Daniel spoke first. “Tyler O’Shea’s scent was last found just outside of your borders. She’s part of our family and she’s missing. We would like her back.” James nods and looks at me. His dad and I were best friends back in college.

            “Alpha O’Shea, it’s a pleasure to see you again sir.” I nod at him. “Last week, my beta smelled a rouge enter our borders as he was coming back from patrol. He didn’t expect her to be on a bike. He stepped in the road to make her stop not realizing that the road was still pretty slick. Her bike started sliding and she was thrown off.

            “He brought her here and our pack doctor looked after her. She’s stable and has woken up several times already.”

            “What has all this to do with my niece James? You called me here remember?”

            “Yes sir, I do. Jason discovered that this rouge was his second mate. His first was killed two years ago. Of course he was surprised as we all were. Not since the beginning of time for our kind have there been rumors of a second mate. She can’t remember much of anything, but she did know her name. And that’s why I called you here sir. She said her name was Tyler O’Shea. And she does fit the description you gave me last night.”

            I look at him, but he’s telling the truth. Suddenly, the office door opens and a young man steps in. From the power around him, I guessed him to be the beta. He only looked at us once then to his alpha. “She’s still asleep.” All three of us tensed up. It’s been a week. Tyler should be up and around by now. Mentally I shake my head. With how weak both she and her wolf have been, there’s no wonder at why she hasn’t healed faster.

            The young man walks over to James, but he keeps his eyes on the wall behind us. I can see that he doesn’t like the three of us for some reason, and I have a feeling it’s related to Tyler. I look at James. “When can we take Tyler home?” I asked, keeping my voice monotone. The man growls at me, but keeps his head straight. I hide a smile. If he is her mate, then Tyler won’t be coming home with us.

            “James.” The man growls out and James laughs softly. “As you can see Alpha O’Shea, my beta isn’t keen at the idea of his mate leaving.” I could feel both Daniel’s and Parker’s surprise. We thought that this would happen, but truth be known, we wasn’t really positive that the stories were true. I smile at both of them and stand. I extend my hand towards Jason. His eyes slowly meet mine. “I’m only going to tell you this once son. If you ever hurt my niece, you won’t live long to regret it, understand? She’s had too much pain in this last year to last a life time. She doesn’t need anymore.”

            “Trust me sir, I would do anything to keep a smile on her face. And it would kill me to hurt her. Tyler’s the most important thing in my life now, and I intend on keeping it that way.”

            “I understand that. But she’s fragile.” Jason chuckles. “She can’t remember anything before the crash. She knew her name, but she said that her memories were fuzzy.” The door slowly opens and we all turn and look. Standing in the door way stood Tyler. She looked like she just woke up from a week long nap. She smiles when she sees Jason. Making a bee line for him, she wraps her arms tightly around him.

            “Jason.” I could hear the smile in her voice. “I woke up and you weren’t there. I thought something happened to you.” Jason chuckles softly as he holds her. “Don’t worry babe. Nothing could drag me away from you willing. We just had some business with this other pack.” She looks up at us, but there’s no recognition in her eyes. She looks at Parker, and for a second I thought she knew him. But she swung her eyes to Daniel and then back to her mate.