Chapter 17

Chapter 17

(Hey guys. I realize that this part should have been placed earlier in the story. But I didn’t think of adding Dustin’s POV until bclulu mentioned it to me. I hope that y’all enjoy it.)

Dustin’s POV

The guys were throwing a beach party. Tyler had informed us that her dad had grounded her when the guys invited her to join. I was surprised at that. But she wouldn’t let me take the blame. When I walked towards them, Ryland smiled at me. “I might have a surprise for you later on today bro.” He says. “What is it?” I ask, I can’t stand not knowing something.

            “I promised I wouldn’t tell. Just that it’s a surprise.” I nod and pick up a beer. Looking around, I see Belle, the pack whore, smiling at me. I look at Daniel and his brothers, but they were talking with some girls about something. I make my way over to her and she grabs my hand.

            Suddenly, Tyler’s face comes to mind, but I push it away. Belle leads me to a small, hidden section of the beach. It’s perfect. I should bring Tyler here on a date later, I think as I feel Belle’s hand run slowly across my chest. I moan softly as my wolf growls at me. He hates her touch because she’s not Tyler.

            I block him out. What Tyler doesn’t know, won’t hurt her, I reason, as I nibble on Belle’s earlobe causing her to moan softly. I grin at her. As things between us get heated, I feel eyes on me. I brush it off, as I start to pull Belle’s bikini top off. A sudden shot of pain, loss and hurt hits me. I sit up breathing hard. “Babe what’s wrong?” Belle coos at me, her hand on my chest trying to get me to kiss her again.

            “Tyler!” I hear Michael yell, and I cuss. She must have seen Belle and me kissing. I jump up and run after her. By the time, I reach the parking lot; Daniel, Ryland and Michael were staring at the disappearing bike. Ryland turns to look at me. “That was your surprise.” I shake my head. Getting on my bike, I race home.

            Taking a hot shower to get Belle’s scent off me, I crash on the bed. A hot burning pain explodes in my chest. After several long brutal minutes, the pain stops. My heart feels cold as steel. Closing my eyes, I drift off to sleep.

            Waking up, I find myself at the little spot where Belle and I were making out earlier. I could hear Tyler’s laugh and then her cries. Looking around, I couldn’t see her. “Tyler! Tyler, babe, where are you?” I call out. I try to move, but it’s like I’m frozen to this spot. “Dustin Trey Wyatt.” A cold voice says behind me.

            I turn quickly to see a girl standing before me. Words couldn’t start to describe her beauty. I know without a word that she’s the goddess. I groan and look at the sand. “You will look at me Dustin.” She commands. Looking her in the eye, I blanch when I see the hurt, anger and pain. “You have done something that hasn’t happened in over 500 years. By your actions today, you rejected your mate Tyler Sherry O’Shea.

            “You disappointed me Dustin. I didn’t think that you would stoop so low as you did. But don’t worry. I chose another mate, one that is worthy of you. And I chose another mate for Tyler, a mate who will love her until he dies, a mate who will never cheat on her, who will never hurt her like you have done. Your new mate is one, Belle Isodale Hines. Your memories of Tyler will slowly fade. You will not remember meeting her or falling in love with her. Instead, Belle will take place of Tyler.

            “If I had seen this part of you ahead of time, I would have chosen Tyler’s second mate for her first instead of you. But I chose to see the good in all of my children. You will not remember any of this conversation.” She turns to leave and I panic. “Wait.”

            “Yes?”

            “What if Tyler wants me back?” The goddess laughs causing my blood to run ice cold. “Tyler’s memories will be wiped as well. She will have recollection of you, of any of the pain she has felt over the years. Her new mate will never cause her harm, and he will never leave her.” I nod sadly as she leaves. Everything turns dark around me.

            I wake up to the sound of pounding. Grumbling, I walk to my front door and open it. Standing before me was Daniel and he didn’t look at hall happy. “What do you want bro.?” I ask confused. He gives me a look of pure hatred. “You and I am not your brother. I am your future alpha and you will refer to me as such.” The power rolls off his voice and I bow my head. What’s gotten into him?

Jason’s POV

            Both packs were closing in around the rouge’s hideout. Ralph was letting Daniel lead the Nightshade pack and James was commanding our pack, the Blackstone Raiders. Together, we had the numbers and the strength. Well over four thousand wolves stood ready to get my mate back.

            The rouges were stupid. They had placed on five scouts in the woods, which of course we took out easily. The closer we got to the old bunker, the stronger Tyler’s scent became. Tanner starts whining softly. What’s wrong?

            They. Are. Touching. Her.  He says, venom in every word. I let out a growl and we attack. It wasn’t much of a fight. The rouges were lazy, inexperienced fighters. I almost felt sorry for killing them, but they kidnapped my mate. They had to die.

Tyler’s POV

            One month. I can’t believe that I’ve been gone that long. They knew that I was awake now. They took turns touching me, taunting me. One of them threatened to rape me, but I surprised him. I told him that the big man wouldn’t like it if he found out one of him men had touched me that way.

            If my situation wasn’t so dire, I would have laughed at his face. When he asked me how I knew about the big man, I told him that I could read minds. That shut him up in a hurry. They left me alone after that, though they had no way of knowing that I couldn’t read their minds since they weren’t part of my packs. But it got the results I was after. It kept their hands off of me.

            Two days later, just as I was about to give up hope that Jason had given up on me, Talee starts howling in happiness. What’s wrong girl?

            Jason and Tanner’s here to get us. They brought help to for the rouges.

            Are you sure?

            Yep. I can hear them. They’re right outside of whatever building we’re in.  I grin, causing the rouges around me to look at me weirdly. “Have y’all made peace with the goddess?” I ask them. Confusion lights up their faces. “No.” One of them whispers. “Well you should.” I say right before I use the last remaining of my strength to let out a blood curling scream. The rouges whimpered, covering their ears.

            The last thing I remember hearing before darkness took me away was the sound of Jason calling my name. He came was my last thought before I knew nothing else.