Chapter 7

The morning passed, and it was a new day for class. It was now our physical education time. We'll be having groups play the game.

Mr. Jim whistled his whistle, "Get in line everyone! One and two only to form a group. Two groups will be formed as they fight for their win. It could be a mix game, where you could team up with boys and boys and boys and girls and, of course, vice versa for girls." Our PE teacher gave us the instructions for making a group.

In two lines, one row should count their heads by one and two and one and two continuously. The same goes for boys. In there, we will get to know what group we are in.

Then, the first person in line started to depart from our line and went out to make another line for their group.

"One!" said the first small girl in our class. "Two!" followed by the girl who's on her back. "One!" She then lined up behind the first girl's back.

Many of my classmates then shouted their numbers.

"Two!" Melissa shouted while jumping as she saw Nayeon in her group.

"One," Jisoo then pouted, as she was the only one left in our group. I giggled at her.

"Two!" Jennie went up and gave the other girls a high five.

And there it continues. The boys were also doing the same thing on the other half of the court. Boys were greater than girls in our room. All of them looked buff. But some of them just looked big.

"Two!" I shouted my number as I was with my three friends, along with Melissa, while Jisoo was left behind us.

"How bad!" Nayeon teased her a couple of times right now. "You got short legs; that's better for us to win." Nayeon then started to get on Jisoo's nerve.

"Hey!" Jisoo slapped Nayeon's shoulders, leaving her with an expression of a fake offensive look.

The game then started. My teammates are only Jennie and Melissa. Nayeon was picked to be a substitute later in our game. There were three boys, too, who joined us. As I didn't expect, it was Jungkook along with his friends, Teahyung and Jimin.

"First game, first lose," I heard Jungkook utter from my back as he was our server in the first rotation. I rolled my eyes while my back was facing his.

Jungkook threw the ball to the opposite side of the nett. We kept serving and serving the ball just to save it from landing.

"Mine!" I shouted as I hurriedly went to catch the ball, but then I hit a rock on my arm. "Ouch!" I hissed as I stumbled back and fell to the ground.

"Watch where you're going!" I heard a manly voice above me as he was looking down on me. I suddenly want to burst all over him.

"Wouldn't you at least say sorry? It was mine at first, and yet, you went up to catch the ball without any signals? Are you stupid or just slow?" I went into my angry mode as I instantly stood up.

Melissa and Jennie then stood on my back, holding my wrists. "Hey! You're bleeding!" Jennie shouted as she saw blood on my hand.

As I didn't notice and was too occupied to fight with this man, I was already bleeding. And right there, I said to hiss for pain. It was maybe made when I fell down on the ground.

"Now who's stupid that'll bleed when she falls down?" Jungkook then answered me.

"What a stupid answer!" I shouted at him and held my left hand.

All eyes were shifted towards us. Me and Jungkook are fighting just because of the signal. And there, Mr. Jim excused me to go to the clinic along with Jungkook. I didn't even hesitate to say no, but then I was cut off when Mr. Jim shouted to go. I had no other choice but to do so.

"You shouldn't have come." I sounded angry as the nurse applied the treatment to my hand. He should've been scolded by Mr. Jim. Yet he made Jungkook bring me here to the clinic?

It was his fault anyway.

"Be thankful that I brought you here." He sounded sarcastic as his eyes shifted from left to right. He was in front of me, glaring and staring deeply into my soul. As if he was the one who got hurt?

"I don't need your help, Mister," I mockingly said as I rolled my eyes at him. I looked back at the nurse, who was now putting a bandage on my hand.

"It left a bruise on your palm; it might take time to recover it. Just wait for it to heal. Also, unseal this bandage too when you get home. It could make the bruise free at the moment," the school's nurse said to me as she tucked the end of the bandage inside one of the overlapped felts.

"Heard that?" Jungkook's voice tingled in my ear; his voice was high and pitchy when he said that. "Don't be stupid enough to do it wrong after you get home." He sounded superior, yet he still got those bad-looking voices towards me. But on the other half of that, he made himself clear that he cared and worried somehow.

Or maybe it was just because it's his cause? His voice lingers inside my head as it transfers from my right ear to the other side of my ear. He somehow had the courage to say that after making me bump into his rock body earlier.

"I know that, sir. If you'll excuse me, I would love to go now." I stood up and put up a fake wide smile on him while mocking him.

He rolled his eyes at me and did the same thing. He squinted his eyes, his nose scrunched from annoyance, and left a bright fake smile on me while making a hand gesture for an escort to the door.

I rolled my eyes while I walked out. I seemingly had fun annoying him, making myself chuckle at his response through his actions. How cute.

Oh gosh, Mary.

I just didn't catch myself laughing at him, right? I shrugged all those on my shoulder as I heard Jungkook close the door of the clinic's room.

"Hey!" I heard another man's voice coming near us. He's with his friend, tagging along. It was Taehyung who called Jungkook his friend. "What happened there?" He went up to Jungkook, and Jimin did too. The two boys went behind Jungkook's back while yanking their arms on his shoulders.

Jungkook's friends looked at me. Taehyung did as his eyes were luring me; he had this kind of disgusted yet concerned face looking at me, but on the other hand, Jimin was just looking at me dumbfounded.

"Tell your friend to know the signals in taking receives in volleyball, Taehyung." I answered his question, although it wasn't for me, but since Jungkook wasn't answering, I took the chance to tease this guy.

Jungkook shifted his eyes on me with a glaring look, while one of his brows rose up. "As a matter of fact, I know the signals, Miss," he sarcastically said while rolling his eye balls.

Alright, Mister, if you do know the word'mine' in receiving, you shouldn't have blocked my way, right?" I said, like I had tonnes of rock to throw at him. I felt the tension go up once Jungkook didn't answer back. He may have noticed his mistake by now.

"It's your fault, eh?" Jimin added as he gazed at Jungkook while he lured his eyes into him. He then gave Jungkook a smack.

I chuckled for a bit and went to say good-bye to them. It wasn't bad after all.

Or maybe Jungkook's the only one who's a bastard?

His other friends looked fine, though; I don't know what happened to Jungkook. His other friends seem better than him. I could see it in the way he acts.

"Mary!" Jennie suddenly called out my name once I stepped my feet inside the gymnasium of the school. She shouted, which caught everyone's attention. They looked at me just because of a sudden scream that could wake everybody's senses up.

Jennie hurriedly went on me as the other girls tagged with her. "Are you okay?" Jennie asked as she held my hand out. She creased the bandage that was covering my wound. I annoyingly jerked her hand.

"I'm fine; it's just a little scratch," I uttered as I gazed through their eyes. "Better not touch her, girls," Melissa then said out of nowhere. She understood my situation, as I wasn't affectionate at all.

"Sorry about that again." Jimin and his friends then went up onto me as they stopped their foot steps.

"You? Wasn't that Jungkook?" I asked. I shifted my eyes to the tallest boy among them; he had his big eyes like a koala, squinting them together.

"Me?" Jungkook answered, yet I had a question.

"Yes, you." I rolled my eyes at him and forwardly looked inside the gym. Another team was playing. I stepped aside from all of them and walked in.