Chapter 9

Thoughts then rushed into my head. Jungkook's a tall man, buff, and kind of a jerk sometimes; that might be the first impression that he made, but that felt overwhelming. His smile and presence earlier made all of my problems and other worries flee away in just the way his scent was persisting through the cosy room that escaped from the cafe as I smelled his perfume. And as he was standing there, I felt the warmth of his existence. It felt so good that I didn't want to go out of there anymore. It was so strange that it could kill me through my heart.

"I'll just take a bath first, Granny," I heard Melissa utter. We have arrived home. Me and Melissa took a cab from the mall to here. Granny was cleaning the kitchen, which was far away from the living room, which I am sitting in for about fifteen minutes from now. I heard Granny offer Melissa to eat first but turn it down since we already ate outside.

I listened to the steps that Melissa was taking while going up the stairs. I got up and went to the kitchen, where I saw Granny putting down the plate of waffles with maple syrup and some sides of frozen strawberries and blueberries. I felt her agony through her actions, and I never rejected any plate she offered me.

"You could just leave it on the table, Granny. I'll eat it." I smiled at her as I almost shook her from the sudden presence I made in front of her.

Her shocked expression turned into a smile. "Alright, dear. You can have it." She smiled once more, showing off her teeth.

I smiled back, and she handed me the plate of food and placed it near me. I took off the jacket I wore in the cab since it was cold. I placed it on the other chair besides me. I sat down on the chair in front of me and pulled the plate.

Granny handed me a fork and knife to help me cut and eat the waffles well and properly. "You made some food?" I asked Granny as I cut a bite-sized waffle with the use of a knife while pressing the fork down on the waffle to avoid moving. I shoved it in my mouth and swallowed its flavor. It was sweet. The maple syrup made its way to complement the taste of waffles.

"Yes, I know that you two will be heading home late, which I was right, so I made you two some waffles, but you and your friends went out, right?" She answered and left a question beforehand.

"Yes, we did. We only went shopping and went to a cafe. It was a newly opened cafe. My friend, Jennie, told us." I answered back to her while thinking, then rushed on what I would say about Jennie. They were all nice, and there was nothing bad I thought about them.

"Jennie? Who's that?" Granny answered back with another question. She wiped her hands with the hem of her shirt.

"She's my friend there too; I met Nayeon, Jisoo, and Jennie before Melissa did," I said out, leaving a smile and continuing eating.

Granny then gave me a smile. It was pure-no lies, no pain-all true with her eyes and smile. "That's great to hear, dear," she said. "That's a good start for the both of you. Nevertheless, your parents have given you a rough time growing up since you were a kid. I feel sorry for that, but at least, you're now here with Melissa. I'm so glad I'll be the one who'll handle you two in this house," Granny said out, digging all of the pains and lies back then. How I hate to hear that word, parents, but she made it clear that I wouldn't get upset or mad in any other way.

"Right," I said out first, looking at my waffle that was left in only a quarter, while two more strawberries and three blueberries were left on my plate. "I'm glad too that we're away from our parents..." My words then try to disappear from the air. I said it out loud but could hear it in a whisper. "Away from them," I said, finally giving a big sigh, laying my head on my right shoulder as I played with the maple syrup that was messed through the eatings that I made. "It's better to go with a good start, yeah?" I flinch, raising my head at Granny's features. She's old, and she probably shouldn't be doing work by now. She didn't say anything for a few seconds, but her smile and look made all my thoughts calm and peaceful.