Chapter 10

Two weeks had passed, and I started to get along with everyone in the room. I never felt the room get so warm whenever I felt welcomed and accepted inside the classroom. It was time for a study hall. Most of us are focused on the upcoming exams in our college lives. Girls with earphones and headphones are mostly what I see: notebooks that were pilled on the upper left side of their tables, while their pouches and pencil cases are besides their textbooks, which they are working on.

I never knew the atmosphere had been so quiet since then. Although my thoughts are focused on my book and pen, there's still a sudden flash of problems inside my head. Sehun. It's been two weeks since I last moved and left any tracks.

I didn't receive any notifications from my headmaster. He'll ask me to come if he wants me to handle tough things that his kids could never do or couldn't get finished.

Killing for freedom? That's what it is. We work for it—to kill our suspect. In which we somehow work as policemen but are not too close to being policemen or women. We figured it out before they could do it. But in the end, we don't just capture them; we kill them right after. We meddle in things we must meddle with. Why? Why would we capture assholes that are no longer good for the society of this place? And to just jail them and bail them out at any time? Why can't we get the justice we want by killing them? I bet that if someone was victimised by one of the suspects and knew that it was killed or dead, they would surely be jumping in joy. Say less.

But sometimes, people tend to not care about what justice is in each situation they're in just to kill them and make them dead, cursing them to live down in hell and craving it too in their grave. That's how people get blinded by anger. Which is why we also do move into that one point of living in this kind of job. We are also here to help and kill those bastards whoever have a file of crime.

I miss playing guns and fire.

"It's time," I heard our president say, taking all their attention to him. I looked out of the window near my table, and there was no more sun. It was dark and grey. I would definitely freeze outside without a scarf or jacket. I forgot about the change of seasons here in Korea.

Students started to pack their things to leave. One by one, they stood up from their chairs, stretched their joints and muscles, and gathered all their things in their bags. Some just tucked it inside the table's under drawer. I was just looking at their moves. Every single one of them has a house to live in where they can always go home. Their parents are their home; they go either way with their relatives, whom they live with too. Unlike me, who lives in my own house with my sister and is left by one nanny,

I was the one who was left inside the room. The girls weren't on the same schedule as mine today, so I think Melissa is already eating her dinner at home. I watched the hands of the time on my wristwatch, tic-tac-toeing every second that would be wasted. It has passed six now. I got off of the school, walking out of the school's premises.

And right there, the cold breeze of air touched my skin. From my face down to my legs, I could feel how cold it was. It was quite an opportunity for me that it wasn't snowing this time, but maybe it'll be later. I walked out of the school's gate, waiting on the shed to grab a cab. Boys and girls are now overflowing inside the gate, gathering them all up in one piece. They almost looked like the small bits of rice that, once cooked, were compiled into a soft ball all together.

I got into my tiptoes, feeling the cold air on my skin. I shrugs at how the atmosphere changes from cold to warm inside the classroom. I wish I could stay there. My hands are clenched together on each side of my thigh. It is so chilly. I am still wearing the soft felt of my uniform on my skin, though it feels like the gaps of each embroided piece have spaces to allow the coolness of the weather to get inside my skin.