Father's... Gift

Dad, cruel, harsh, manipulative person who only cares for his greed, and his family. He gives no mercy towards his servants, and his courtesans.

There's me, his son, the only child, and the only person to have a decently good soul. When father was done harassing his servants, I would comfort them, and sneak the food.

I am the saint, and he's a sinner.

Y/N loathes his father, but Father doesn't reciprocate this feeling

Y/N loathes his father, but Father doesn't reciprocate this feeling. He would buy the world for his only child if he could.

With constant thoughts of leaving home, and joining the army scaring the old man... Sure, he is coldhearted, but even he would rather not risk losing his only son.

Y/N had grown up, so Father decided to give Y/N a gift. A gift that he would soon regret imparting to him.

~~{}~~

Early one morning, Y/N wakes up from his bed, and gets dressed with haste.

Today is his birthday, and he's inclined to start the day with a quick stroll around town during this early hours, hoping that Father would be away at some important meeting as he usually seems to attend to these days.

Sadly, Father had left a note on his door which meant that he must've snuck into his room, and pinned the letter against Y/N's side of the wooden door while he was asleep.

"Dear son,

You're getting older now. I won't be here forever, so I want you to have this, a thing that will keep you happy and content; a courtesan. She's in her cage in the guest room...---".

Y/N facepalms his head. He hopes his father is playing a joke on him. To make sure that he was joking, he quickly exits his room. He makes his way down the hall, and opens the door to the guest bedroom, to see a girl... In a cage.

Ezra"Hello

Ezra
"Hello... Master...".

"He wasn't kidding... My God, are you okay!?".

Ezra
"Yes, Master...".

Y/N quickly releases her from her cage. She was scared at first, and shivering. A metal collar is snugly wrapped around her neck with a chain attached for extra precaution.

"Oh dear lord, what's your name!".

Ezra
"My name is Ezra, your father had graciously chosen.. me to serve your needs, Master..---".

"Oh my God, he's insane!".

Ezra
"...Do you wish for me to please you, Master?".

"What no... Are you hungry!? Thirsty!?".

Ezra
"I don't eat unless I'm allowed to, but I must cater to you needs, and indulge your wants, Master.".

Her stomach grumbles, in which she briefly placed her hand over.

"Nonsense, you must be starving!".

Y/N quickly runs out of the room, slides down the stairs on the railing, darts into the kitchen, and collides with the servants. Luckily, the servants managed to regain their bearing before any accident could happen.

Servant Adams
"Forgive us, Master Y/N, are you okay?".

"I should be the one apologizing, Adams. Can you please cook me something!?".

Servant Adams
"Luckily for you, I made you your breakfast.".

"Thank you, Adams!"

Y/N grabs the plate and proceeds back upstairs. Finally returning to the guest room, he hands the dish to Ezra, in which she stared confusedly at it.

"It's yours, Ezra. Please eat it.".

Ezra
"This is your food, Master. I'm content with feeding from my bowl...".

"Eat my breakfast, Ezra. As your... Master... I demand you to eat my breakfast!".

Ezra nods, and began eating Y/N's breakfast at once. Her face lit up, as if she'd never quite tasted food like this before. She glares at Y/N for a second; having never been accustomed to someone worry about her well-being before.

Y/N sighs, cringing from just even having the thought of referring to himself as "Master".

"Do you like it?".

Ezra
"I enjoy it, Master. It's very delicious, thank you...".

"Just making sure.".

(1/42)