Away

The first rays of sunlight pierces through the misty veil of fog from this morning's downpour, clearing the clammy atmosphere of its frigid bite.

Genial beams of warmth mellowing out the tension in Y/N's mind and relaxing the strained joint muscles he was having since he abruptly woke up, courtesy of the cold weather. 

Most of his more severe wounds have closed in on themselves though he's still advised to not leave the compound, for which in his current state, he finds to be most agreeable.

However, as warm as the radiant sun is today, it's not one to compare to the current warmth of the company before him presents.

Lately, a girl has been visiting Y/N during his gradual recovery.

One that could not be mistaken for nobility for her plain but apt appearance, yet had managed to earn herself a close relationship with Y/N  for the genuity she bears for herself since her adolescent years.

Nothing at all like Bethany, or the rest of the girls that shares the lavishness of life like Y/N.

"Thanks, Alice. You're a real help.".

Alice
"Don't mention it...".

Alice, a really nice and good person.

It should be known, for there is no doubt, that she had unmistakably grew fond of him as the years pass by before any of his noble peers came into the picture.

Alice
"Idiot... I was worried sick for you. You put me through Hell when I found out you almost croaked again.".

"I'm fine now. Nothing could've really...

...Alice?".

An odd moment of wavering silence engulfs the room. The cascading rays of sunlight from outside the window dims and appears to be less blinding and intrusive to his peripheral vision.

And then, there on her face, a brittle moue of disappointment. A soft breath escapes past those lips.

And tears. Tears were falling from Alice's captivating eyes.

She doesn't seem to notice it until a second later when it trickles closer to her thin lips, prompting her to hide those eyes behind the cover of her sleeves.

And yet with repressed anger, she managed to scorn him for his stupidity. Emphasizing what he did was very, very stupid indeed; recklessly losing his temper in the alley and almost ended up costing his life for who knows how many times now.

"..I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to worry you.".

Alice
"I know... I know. I'm sorry. It's alright now...".

She embraces him in a solacing hug, resting her temple against the crook of his neck. Sniffles being the only sound to fill this gap between them, her hands tightly clamped onto his back.

Y/N pats hers soothingly, saying he'll be fine as many times as he needs.

Alice
"You're a real idiot at times... But you're my idiot.".

Ezra.. peers at them from the cracks of the door that's not quite shut. Seeing Alice holding onto Y/N, and the smiles carved onto their faces as gentle laughter banishes away the heavy silence of the room.

|•~~•{Ezra's POV}•~~•|

"Master...".

She's... Hugging my Master... Why... I don't know why, but... My heart, why... does it hurts? It hurts so much...

Ezra places a palm over the ache on her chest.

It definitely aches. Writhes, even.

Unable to keep looking at them anymore, she turns away and walks down the hall.

Is this... my true punishment? To watch my.. Master... With another person?

Entering her room, she plops onto the bed and curls into a rigid ball. Her eyes were blazing hot and steamy. Something felt the need to be let out that she could no longer held in.

Warm, hot tears scalds the corners of her eyes as she silently weeps onto the pillowcase, desperately trying to block out the images of Y/N hugging Alice back.

But how could have she? The images were already burned into her mind and she was ultimately unable to stop thinking of them.

Never had her heart felt a pain this bad. It's almost petrifying.

She's rather used to having other "husbands" that share her amongst each other, but this...

...This was... different.

Alice ended up spending the entire day with Y/N, causing further torment to Ezra's state of mind with hearing them laughing and bantering for hours on end. 

Around 9:00 at night, Y/N overhears the last of Ezra's faint weeps as he passes through the guestroom. Following the dictates of his instinct compels him to come to a stop by her doorstep.

Just in case he misheard her.

Y/N
"...Ezra? Are you okay?".

"Yes... I'm.. fine.".

Y/N
"...No, what's going on? Is something wrong?".

"...Nothing's wrong. I need some sleep, Master.".

Y/N
"Alright, if something is bothering you, tell me so I can help you.".

"Yes, Master..".

Y/N let her be, leaving Ezra staring at the ornate cornice of the ceiling. Her cheeks still stained with conflicted tears.

"...I wonder if you'd even want me... If I...".

(12/42)