From Prying Eyes

Y/N soon got dressed into a black tuxedo, his hair combed, and wearing his proper glasses for formal events. He looked dapper in his attire, appearing as a fine gentleman to behold.

He immediately thought of Ezra and her clothing. With a deep but barely audible sigh, he exits his room and snuck into his father's room.

Several minutes later, a knock was heard from Ezra's door. He entered, holding a beautiful red dress.

"This is for you, Ezra.".

Ezra
"A dress... It's pretty...".

"It's my mother's before she.. passed away. I thought you should wear it, she never liked the color red anyway.".

Ezra held the dress from the bottom, caressing the soft fabric. It felt like holding a thin piece of silkware. Y/N leaves the room, not before saying something to Ezra.

"If you wish to join me downstairs, this is for you. I don't mind your rags, but I don't want people giving you bad looks.".

He left the room, made his way down the hallways towards the balcony, to see a large mass of guests by the doors. These people are Father's friends and to-be acquaintances, so Y/N doesn't know much of them. Except for their children, bratty and snobby.

"Hello... Everyone.".

I never liked these people. They always looked down on "people" in a condescending manner. Treating their lessers and commoners as second to literal poop.

Then, there's Moriartys and Castillos, and their daughters Bethany and Tiana, respectively. Two of the biggest dogs around...

Bethany Moriarty

Tiana Castillo

The two girls wave at Y/N to which Y/N himself waves back and turns around to express a disgusted look

The two girls wave at Y/N to which Y/N himself waves back and turns around to express a disgusted look. He hated those two with a burning passion; he has never met two such vile people in his life!

As the party soon gained traction, people began drinking, bantering, and even roughhousing in the secluded, backyard boxing arena. Y/N simply stayed on the upper floor balcony, looking over the backyard.

"I hope this ends soon...".

Bethany
"What's the matter, my dearest sweet?"

"Hello... Bethany.".

....Cordiality.

Bethany
"Care to join me? I'm going for a swim with Tiana.".

"I think I'll just stay here, go on ahead yourself.".

Bethany saunters closer to Y/N, and wraps her arms around him, like a python around a rabbit. Not a nice image to imagine, for sure.

Bethany
"...Or maybe we can do something else, something... risqué.".

She inched her hands down to his shirt, nearing the top lining of his pants. Luckily, Ezra's voice was heard, which caught Bethany off guard.

Ezra
"Master, are you okay?".

She still bore herself in her ragged clothing. Bethany glances behind, and ordered her to leave them alone.

Bethany
"Leave us be, you wretch!".

Ezra swiftly backed away, and made haste in her motions to return to her room. Y/N broke free from Bethany's hold, and followed suit in Ezra's wake.

Bethany grasped him by the hand, stopping him dead in his tracks.

Bethany
"Where are you going, my sweet?".

"You just berated a friend of mine!".

Unknown Guest
"Look. What do we have here?".

Several guests surround Ezra, gawking at her like vultures to a dying animal. Saying sexual things and grabbing her all over.

Ezra
"I only serve my master...".

Unknown Guest
"He's not around, is he?".

One of them pushed her into a guest room, in which made her stumble to the floor. They "accidentally" tore the top of clothing pieces off, revealing her chest.

Everything went from 0 to 100 real quick, because Y/N appeared to be beyond the confines of the term, "furious".

"Ezra!".

Unknown Guest
"Who the hell are you!?".

"That's my question, jackass!".

Unknown Guest
"My name is Benvolio, heir to the Moriarty fortune!".

"My name is Y/N, the motherf***ing birthday boy!!".

Y/N pushes Benvolio away, and grabs a hold of the guy that pushed Ezra to the ground.

"Get the hell out of my house!".

Several guards appeared, and escorted the offenders off the property. Y/N turned towards Ezra, and hoisted her to her feet.

"Are you okay, did they do anything to you?".

Ezra
"I'm fine, they were going to have their way with me... If you hadn't intervene, Master...".

"They won't come back, I promise..".

The party soon ends, as all guests left. With Father fast asleep after declining his supper, Y/N, along with Servant Adams, brought plates of foods upstairs, and eats them with Ezra.

Ezra
"Thank you, Master, none of my handlers have been so kind..".

"I don't like the idea of having you as an.. object. You're human to me, I'll treat you like one.".

"About those guys, I told my guards that they should never set foot in here for the rest of their lives. I won't let them try to do things to you again, I promise.".

Ezra began to crack the barest of a genuine smile. Something she never willingly gave in years.

("There was a reference here, to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, when Y/N declared that he was the birthday boy. In case somebody needs a confirmation.")

(3/42)