I'm Sorry...

It's the night of the party. Y/N and Ezra have been busy preparing for it since the breaching twilight of the evening.

Several of Y/N's friends that had agree to join them for the night later arrived at his home along with their dates.

They were almost instantly captivated by the sight of Ezra.

Elegance exudes from her striking form in the beautiful red dress, though Ezra would argue otherwise.

Jaune
"You look beautiful, Ms. L/N.".

"She's not my wife, nor my date; for the night, she's my partner.".

Miles
"I guess so... You're ready or what?".

They step into their own separate carriages, and ride together all the way to Moriarty Manor.

The chilling air of the night is conversely percolating with an expectant energy that fizzles through it, prickling Ezra's skin.

There's a foreboding sense of wariness that lays heavy within her chest at the uncanny sensation.

Not the way she'd imagine starting the night at all.

Upon reaching the courtyard entrance, the driver opens the door, letting the two couple with Y/N and Ezra out.

The murmured sounds in the distance of exchanged repartees and apt music grew louder as they progress closer.

Heads turn towards the pair as they amble into the ballroom.

Many of them see that Y/N had brought his "courtesan" with him as his date, and some are obviously disaffected that she's dressed like a properly, fine lady, despite their futile attempt at subtlety.

Something about the pointedness in some of those meaningful gazes from across the room or the occasional glances by the passersby slowly...

...but surely, erode the blissful sense of comfort Ezra had felt by Y/N's side this past couple of weeks.

Instead, it's reminding her of something she had long ago forgotten. Something that's seeping into her line of thoughts...

This lucid fear. The fear of...

...Rejection.

Ezra shifts on the spot as her mind goes astray, doubting her decision for coming tonight and questioning her worth;

She doesn't deserve this; she doesn't deserve this dress, the.. home or Y/N.

"Are you alright?".

Ezra
"...Yes, I'm fine.".

"Let's have some fun then.".

For the next hour, Ezra grows more and more uncertain as each moment passes by and she loses herself even more in her own thoughts.

These contemptuous musings that lulls endlessly.

Y/N doesn't deserve her. He belongs with girls that aren't like her; tainted to the soul and abnormal...