Wounds

I looked into the mirror. Just a normal person like everyone else.

Y/N removes his shirt, revealing dozens of scars and wounds all over his body. These injuries were sustained from the fights he endured to protect his father's servants and courtesan from the hardy guests that try to either harm or make a move on them.

Ezra
"Master... How are you faring.. Your body..".

"Hey, don't worry about it.".

Ezra could see stab and bullet wounds. Y/N tells her he got all these scars from defending the people who care for, and take care of him.

Ezra
"I appreciate your kindness.. I don't want you to get hurt for me...".

"Nonsense. I don't care if I get hurt. Look at my body. I've taken things far worse than a stab.".

Ezra
"I'm supposed to be pleasing you...".

"You don't have to do that.

I wish I can free you, Ezra, but I know my father won't let that happen. You can have your own life, do things that make you happy.".

Ezra
"How are you so different from your father?

...He's a cruel man.".

"...Mother. He wasn't always a bad guy. He was like me, until she died from a failed assassination attempt on my father. Since then, he's a former shell of himself, trying to indulge in pleasures to make him forget.".

"In my case, Mother taught me to differentiate from what's right and what's wrong, and Father taught me the effects of what wrong can do to a person,

...like him.".

Y/N puts his shirt back on, and left the room, leaving Ezra alone to ponder on his words. She looks at the red dress on her bed, the one Y/N brought for her before his birthday party.

She picks it up, and inspects it with forlorn awe.

Ezra
"It's beautiful... Too nice and fancy for me... I don't deserve this.".

(4/42)