Dull

Doctor
"Well... He's pulling through. He'll make a quick recovery, sir.".

Dad
"My baby boy... I.... I..".

Father tries not to cry, instead affecting an anguished frown while looking down to his only son, silently at rest on the bed.

How the sight morbidly reminds him of his wife dying, lying weak and fragile.

Devoid of her usual warmth and vitality.

The last ticking seconds of her life in a conflict of fear and serenity; ever grateful to have truly love and be loved to the end of her wits,

Yet there's the dimmest flickers in her eyes for that primal fear of what's to come of the unknown.

Or at least that's what Y/N would like to believe when his eyes were open.

His child is no stranger to the perils this world could offer, raised as such so that he would come to know and possess the will and strength to persevere through his physical hardships, for the better or the worse.

This is not the first few of his long-winded scuffles with others and one would be rightly doubtful to think it would be the last of them to come, given how brash the boy is when it comes to his sense of righteousness.

But this.. This time is different.

While rarely ---if ever--- did he returned home unscathed...

...This was the very first time death was truly breathing down his neck.

With how deep the bullet had embedded itself into, roughly a single inch more to the left would've been nothing short of fatal for what it could've caused in due time...

A particularly sharp twinge of pain strikes his heart at the scene before him. He blames Ezra for his son's near-death experience, and punishes her greatly for it.

"................."

My eyes slowly flutters open, seeing the ceiling of my room and then the room itself. Surrounding my bed were endless piles of fruit baskets, an arrangement of flowers and a stack of cards seemingly expressing well-wishes.

Adams, Ashely and Dad; they are talking about something. I can't make it out.

"Hey... What's going on?".

Dad
"Son, you're awake... I shouldn't have brought that catalyst into the steps of our home! She's leaving this house, and will never set foot in here for life!".

Y/N blinks awake from his grogginess, drawing a sharp breath as he instantly sits upright despite the fact that he was feeling tipsy and his limbs were numb a moment ago.

Although he won't ever admit it, he still is. Slightly.

As blood rushes back to his brain, the veins in his head throb violently and sends him into a thrumming daze...

Several hours later, Ezra was allowed back into the property by Father, albeit begrudgingly and with a noticeable hint of pointed hostility.