CHAPTER|29

Author's POV

"Kai, what are you trying to do?!," Chanyeol exclaimed as the meeting was dismissed. He looked up to the younger in confusion.

He didn't even use any formal calls like he always used to do, showing that he was really serious now.

Kai huffed. "Hyung, I know what I'm doing okay?," he responded and wanted to stand up from his seat.

But Chanyeol grabbed his arms to stop him. "I really don't know what the hell are you thinking about right now," he said.

"But weren't you the one who said that you will never let Sehun get involved in this thing?!," he questioned in a higher tone this time.

Kai rubbed his face in frustration. "Hyung, do you trust me?," he replied with another question.

Chanyeol took a deep breath to calm himself down. "I do, but—

"Then you don't have to worry about anything," the younger snapped before he could answer. 

Kai moved his hand to place on Chanyeol's shoulder. "Sehun is really important for me that's why I did this," he explained.

Chanyeol's eyebrows snapped together as he heard that. He was really in deep confusion right now.

"Fine, I trust you on this," he finally stated and soon both of the guys walked out of the meeting room.

Kai's eyes landed on Sehun as soon as he was out of the room and he felt like he wanted to take Sehun away right now. He felt the possessiveness.

Imagining any other guys touching Sehun could already make his whole body felt hot out of anger. He hated those kind of thoughts.

Sehun glanced at the time on the laptop's screen and noticed that his work time had done.

He started tidying up his place and kept the laptop back in its place before snatching his cell phone.

As he stood up from his seat, a figure was already standing right in front of his way. He was suprised to see Kai out of sudden. He didn't even notice that the meeting had already ended.

"Sehun, let's go home," his voice sounded really firm and stern that made Sehun couldn't protest or say anything about it. 

He slowly nodded and chose to follow the elder by his steps from behind. Even from the side, he could see that his jaw hardened like he was holding back his anger.

Sehun arched his eyebrows. He wanted to ask so bad about what was bothering Kai, seeing him like this make him felt worried.

As times passed by, he knew he was already so comfortable with Kai around him but he wouldn't dare to figure out what kind of feeling was that.

Was it love? He was not sure.

Those two entered the car and it was filled with silence all the way which made Sehun felt really awkward. He thought that it was better if he started asking first but before he could do, Kai suddenly uttered.

"What did Taehyun say to you?," the elder questioned and broke away the silence between them. His stares was only focused on the road and didn't even glance at Sehun.

Sehun stuttered. "Nothing, he just kind of flirted with me," he replied and felt a slight of upset when Kai didn't look at him.

"Oh, really?," Kai's voice became shaky to hold back his anger from bursting out.

Sehun nodded as a reply. "It's really annoying and I feel like killing him everytime he tried to touch me," he said.

"I could kill him for you if you want," Kai responded with his straight face which showed that he was truly serious of what he was saying.