Girl? Who? What girl? Chapter 16

Who is she? Who's this girl? Greg says I know her, but I can't think of anyone. I'm not exactly a social butterfly at school. I barely know half of the girls name's at school, let alone who they are. How could they know me? I always stick with Greg and Andre or the girls. Wait. The girls. Is he in love with Charlotte or Donna? Oh man. That'll be hard for me. No no. I should be happy for Greg and whoever he loves. He's my best friend. I shouldn't be jealous. That's mean. They're my friends. This isn't about me. It's about them. I shouldn't be acting this way, like a spoiled child. 

I look up at Greg who's only a few feet away. " Who? Donna? Charlotte? " I ask. " They're the only girl's I know really well. " 

Greg sighs and shakes his head. " No. " 

" Who than? " 

" Are you that blind to it? " Greg asks with another sigh. 

" What are you talking about? " I ask, very confused. 

" Maxon, I like-" 

" Come inside kids! Maxon, you're staying here tonight. You're dad and the others aren't gonna be back until later. " Roxanne yells as she calls us in. 

" Okay! " I call back as I grab my trash bag. What was Greg taking about? Who do I know? What? He's so confusing.

Greg grabs his bag and follows me into the house. Roxanne hugs me. " Thanks Maxon. " 

" No problem. " I smile. 

" You can stay in the guest room, or in the living room with Greg if you want. I trust you two kids. " 

I nod. " Thanks. " 

" You know where the extra blankets and pillows are. There's an extra tooth brush on the sink. " Roxanne kisses her son's head. " Good night you two. Don't stay up too late. " 

" Night mom. " Greg smiles at his mom. 

I walk over to the bath room and wash my hands. I brush my teeth and put my hair up in a messy bun. Someone knocks on the door. I open the door and Greg hands me a pair of clothes. " Mom told me to give these to you. " 

" Thanks Greg. " I smile. 

" Do you want to stay in the guest room or the living room? " 

" Whatever. " 

" I'll make up the living room. " Greg smiles and I return the gesture. I've had tons of sleep overs over here. Mostly with Andre. Sometimes with Donna and Charlotte. 

I change into the clothes. The logo of the shirt catches my eye. It's Greg's shirt. I smile and run my hand over the logo. When Greg gets with the girl, I'll have to stop having sleep overs. I don't want to cause problems. It would be horrible, and I would never be able to live with myself if I was the reason Greg ever broke up with a girl. I wouldn't want any problems either. If I know the girl, it's gonna be messy and our relationship might get messed up. 

I sigh in sadness. Everything's gonna change. I walk out of the bath room with my costume and put it in my bag. I plop down on one of the couches Greg made up. Greg and I sit in silence as he flips through the movies. 

" Why didn't you tell me about her? " I ask. 

" I was a little scared. " Greg stands up and grabs a blanket.  

" Who is she? " I ask again while standing up. " I don't have many friends I know well that are girls. " 

Greg walks over to me and grabs my hands. " How do you not know already? "  He asks a little surprised. 

" I don't know! I'm not a genie or a...mind reader! " I shake my head. " I don't know what's in your head. I don't know who you're talking about! I don't know who this girl is. I-" 

Greg's lips smash onto mine stealing both my breath and concentration away.