Moving

Neal sighed finishing packing all of his boxes. He looked around his room which was once full of books, movies, and clothes over the ground. This was the last time he would be able to see his childhood home. The thought of leaving it made him very sad. This was the house his parents raised him in. Neal was going to miss all of it. It wasn't his choice to leave anyways. His mother got engaged to a new man, well a new giant man. Yes, Neal's mother was getting married to a giant.

Still thinking about it made Neal beyond furious. Because of their love Neal had to move from his house to live with giants. Neal's soon-to-be stepfather David had a 22-year-old son Finn. Neal heard Finn was looking forward to having a little brother. The two haven't officially met yet. Neal has also never met David. David had mentioned to Neal's mom he wants to be Neal's father. Neal had no desire for a new dad. He only had one father, but he was gone there was no way he was going to replace him.

" Neal are you ready?!" His mom Molly yelled.

" Ya I'm coming Mom!" Neal called back grabbing a few small boxes. Neal walked out of his room giving it one last glance. Neal walked down a flight of steps seeing his mother waiting for him at the front door.

" There you are slow poke!" She chuckled.

" Sorry, I was just saying goodbye to the house." He said. " Neal baby it's just a house." She said opening the front door for him.

" But Mom this was the house where Dad raised me! It was where we had all of our Thanksgiving, Christmas  Birthday parties!" Neal said tossing the boxes into the back of their car.

"Neal we're still going to have all those things at our new home," Molly said.

"It won't be the same Mom. I have been used to it being just us for the last few years I don't want it to... "

"SHHH! It's David. Go ahead and get in the car." Molly smiled. Neal marched away getting in the front passenger side. He looked through the mirror seeing his mother laughing on the phone. He felt the anger rise in him. All she ever did was talk to David or just talk about him. Molly has become almost obsessed with her new lover, she has put her son off to the side, Neal use to be number one in his mother's life, but not anymore. Ever since his father died Neal had become the man of the house. However, now there were two older and much larger men in their new home. The boy was going to have trouble giving up that title. It was his job to take off his mother. Not some new man his mother had met. Neal continued to sit in the car for what seemed an eternity before his mother finally came in.

"Sorry about that Neal, David was just telling me how excited Finn and him are looking forward to meeting you." The woman smiled putting the keys in the ignition.

"Too bad I don't feel the same way..." Neal mumbled under his breath. Molly caught what her son spoke, but she only chooses to ignore it. She pulled out of their driveway and made their way to their new home.

"You know Neal, Finn is a teacher at the new school you'll be attending isn't that cool?" Molly said trying to make conversation.

"Sure," Neal grumbled. Molly frowned she wanted Neal to be happy about having a new family. In her heart, she felt Neal desperately needed a father in his life. After Molly lost her husband it crushed not only her but hurt her son even more. Neal was once talkative, open, and cheerful, yet after he lost his father he changed. Neal no longer talked to anyone, his mood went from cheerful to down full all the time. Neal seemed to push people away instead of excepting them. The pain inside of him took complete control. If anyone tried to get him to open up about his feelings he would simply shut down even more. They continued to drive in silence for a little while until Neal spoke up. "Mom?" Neal asked quietly.

"Yea, sweetie?" Molly asked kindly. "

"Do you miss Dad at all?" He asked playing with the sleeves of his sweatshirt.

"Of course I do Neal. Every day that passes I miss him more. I would give anything to have him back." She sighed.

"Then why are you replacing him?" Neal asked sitting up more in his seat.

" I'm not replacing him, darling. It's been 3 years since we lost him! I thought I would never find love ever again. That was until I found David. David makes me feel happy again, I feel in love. I missed having that feeling Neal." She told her son.

"I don't understand," Neal said.

"You will when you're older." She chuckled softly.

"And it doesn't matter to you he's a giant?" Neal asked.

"Not at all." She said.

"What are giants like?" Neal asked nervously. He had never seen a giant in his entire life. He had only seen them on the tv, but he was sure seeing them on a screen and seeing one in real life were very different experiences.

"Well, of course, they're very big. They are very kind and gentle. Many of them are excepting of humans and... are you nervous about meeting giants?" She raised an eyebrow.

"No... I was just wondering." Neal whispered.

"Oh honey, there is nothing to be scared of!" She patted his knee with a smile.

"I trust you, Mom," Neal told her with a small grin.

"Good, you should always trust your mother." She said. "How much longer until we get to the airport," Neal asked.

"Just another 30 minutes." She said. 30 minutes until Neal would leave his world behind and venture into a whole new one filled with giants.