Becoming Friends Part 2

Spoilers for Avengers Endgame if you haven't seen it!
"Finn these are the best eggs ever!" Neal swallowed a large bite. "I'm glad you like them." Finn said. "What do you want to do today?" Finn asked ripping a piece off of his toast with his teeth. "I have no idea what's around here to do." Neal said. "Tons of stuff! Tell me what you like to do and I'm sure we can find something." Neal never did anything fun anymore so the question was difficult to respond to. He hadn't been movies in years, his mom made him wait until they came out on dvd. He no longer went to the book store, Molly refused to pay for any more books, and Neal hasn't been out to eat at a restaurant since who knows how long. "Can we maybe go to.... a bookstore and if we have time see a movie?" Neal quietly asked. "I would love to! Let me see what movies are playing!" Finn pulled out his phone, the screen shined brightly against his face. "Let's see here what we got..." Finn scrolled through the list of movies, his eyes moved from left to right trying to pick the perfect one to watch. "How about Blood Scavenger 4?" Finn asked. "Sounds to scary." Neal said. "Okay than, how about that new Star Wars movie?" Neal shook his head. Finn went through a whole list of movies, but Neal rejected all of them. "There's one left and I'm sure you don't want to see it."Finn said. "What is it?" Neal asked. "Frozen 2." A smile creeped over Neal's face. "I see that smile. You like Disney don't you?" Finn loved seeing Neal look happy. "I love it, but you probably thinks that stupid." Neal quietly said. "Let me show you something." Finn scooped Neal up. "What is..." Neal shut his mouth, his eyes widen in awe. Finn had a opened a shelf under the television. Inside of this shelf was every possible Disney movie on the planet. "Y... you like Disney too!" Neal was more shocked than amazed. "We have more in common than you think!" Finn chuckled. "Than can we see Frozen 2?" Neal grinned. "Nothing would make me happier!" Finn shut the doors of the shelf. "Your too heavy for me to carry! Here's a better spot for you!" Finn tossed Neal on the top of his head. "One. I am sure as heck not heavy! I'm very small for my age! Two! This isn't a safe spot for me! What if I fall of?!" Neal grabbed Finn's hair, praying he wouldn't fall to his death. "Guess I'll be a only child again." Finn laughed, earning a smack from Neal. "Was that suppose to hurt?" Finn smirked. "Yes!" Neal giggled. "Be careful how you treat me! It be ashamed if one as yourself to be found under the pile of all my unwashed pair of socks!" Finn threatened. "Ewww! Is that what I smelled this morning!" Neal held tightly to Finn's head hair as the giant began to walk. "Maybe, would you be interested to find out?" Finn entered his bedroom sitting down at his bed. "No, thank you!" Neal quickly said in fear of the wrath of Finn's socks. "I am going to get a shower, you can pick out a outfit for yourself." Finn went into his closet dragging out a old dusty toy chest. He pushed the lid up blowing off the dust of the edges. "How come you still keep those toys?" Neal asked. "My mom bought every single one in here. I guess keeping the makes feel a part of her is still with me." Finn was quiet when he spoke. His mother was something very special to him. Much like Neal's father was to him. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to sound offensive." Neal said. "It's fine bud. Tell me what your in the mood to wear. "Just sweat pants, and a regular hoodie." Finn bent down in the chest searching for Neal's request. Finn took out a pair of black sweat pants and a black hoodie. "I'm getting a shower, than we can leave." Finn said leaving. Neal switched his clothes fast, he thought wearing toys for dolls was going to be a little embarrassing, but it wasn't that bad. He just wanted normal clothes. Neal waited 10 minutes, than Finn came back in the room. The giant wore a long sleeve black shirt, a pair of jeans, and converse. "Let's get going buddy!" Finn picked up Neal putting him in chest pocket. "Just asking, but when am I going to get my bedroom, and all of stuff from my house?" Neal asked. "Dad said all of your stuff should be here today." Finn grabbed his car key heading out of the house. Neal shuttered from the instance cold that tickled his face. Finn put his hand over the chest pockets giving it a better layer of warmth. Finn entered his large car. Inside, it had leather seating, seats that could heat, a Bluetooth audio. "Wow this is a awesome car!" Neal peeked his head out Finn's pocket. "Glad you like it. You want to stay where your are or ride in the cup holder?" Finn asked turning on the car. "I'll just stay here." Neal said sitting back down. "When was the last time you've been to the movies?" Finn asked putting the vehicle in motion. "The last time I saw a movie in the theaters was three years ago. Me and my dad went to see the remake of the Power Rangers." Neal said. "How come you never went again?" Finn asked. "Shortly after that my dad died I stopped. He was the one who took me to see every movie! Once he died my mom refused to take me there. She always thought paying for tickets for a movie was stupid. Things got even worst when she stopped taking me to the book store. I was left to read the only ones I owned previously." Finn's heart ached for Neal. His little step brother hasn't had a fun day for all these past few years. "Finn if I tell you something can you promise me you won't tell anyone else. Especially my mom." Neal looked back up to Finn. "I promise." Finn patted his hand against his chest pocket. "Sometimes I think my hates me." Neal admitted. "Bud I'm sure that's not true." Finn said, yet he was wondered why Neal would think that. "Tell me why you think that?" Neal huffed preparing to speak. "When my dad passed away she become a whole different person. She started to get meaner with me. She stopped taking me out to places, anytime I screwed up on something she screams at me, they way she spoke me got ruder. If I say or do something she doesn't like, she gets mad! That reminds me, if she finds out we went out today..."Neal stopped talking. "What will happen if she finds out?" Finn raised his eyebrows. "Never mind! She will just be upset, but I can live with it. My mom hates it when people take me out. She says I'm not worth it." The way Neal said it made Finn suspicious and heartbroken. "Neal you are worth it! I'm so glad I get to take out today! If she gets mad you are going to have me backing you up." Finn cheerfully said. Neal smiled, it was nice to have someone to talk to again in his life. "I appreciate that." Neal said. "Does your mom allow you to have popcorn."Finn asked. "No." Neal sounded sad. "I won't tell if you won't." Finn said. Neal smiled up at the giant. "Your the best."
Finn was hesitant to let Neal get anything he desired. But he wanted the kid to be happy, he wouldn't mind hearing what Neal wanted, yet he regretted when Neal hasn't stop making a list for the last five minutes. "Make sure you get tons of butter on the popcorn, and I want a large cherry Coke , with Sour Patch Kids, and..." Finn wrapped his finger around Neal's mouth. "Your going to get all that buddy! Just take it slow." Finn could see Neal was overly excited. "Sorry... I'm just really looking forward to this. It's been too long since I have been out." Neal chuckled lightly. "Lets get going if we want to make it on time." Finn parked the car in the movies parking lot. Luckily the theater wasn't busy today like it usually is. "One more thing! I want..." Finn once again wrapped a finger around Neal. "Neal..." Finn said removing his finger. "I'm really SORRY! I'LL STOP TALKING!" Neal screamed fearfully. "Woah HEY! Shhh....Neal I'm not mad!" Finn said caught off guard by Neal's sudden action. "I... I'm sorry... I don't mean to be annoying." Neal sniffled. Finn pressed Neal up against his chest, the human hid his face in it. "Buddy why did you scream like that? Did you think I was going to hurt you?" Finn gently asked. "Mama said if I annoyed you, or David I was going to be locked up in a cage like a animal by you guys." Finn made a mental note to have a little chat with Molly. "There is no way we are putting you in a cage!" Finn could feel Neal shaking. "But my..." Finn gave Neal a light kiss on the top of his head calming Neal down. "Like I said before, you are family, not a pet. You gotta trust me kiddo." Finn held Neal right before his face. "I believe you." Neal said wiping a tear from his eye. "Are you ready now?" Finn smiled. "Sure am!" Neal began to feel upbeat again.
"Hi, we would like two tickets for Frozen 2, please." Finn asked the ticket booth. "Aren't you little old to see that movie?" The woman in the ticket booth sneered with no emotion. "Don't you have anything better to do than criticize people?" Finn asked. "Not really sir, here's you tickets." Finn just nodded grabbing the tickets. Finn walked up to the concession stand. It was his turn to order what he wanted. "Can I get a bag of human size Sour Patch Kids, Cherry Coke, and small popcorn. For me I would like the regular size of a large popcorn and a Root Beer." Finn said. "Pssst... you didn't order extra butter!" Neal scolded. "Could I please get extra butter on both popcorns." Finn asked. Finn got their snacks heading to their seats. The theater was set up with human seats were attached to the top corner of the giant seats, the giant seats in-front of another were lower down so humans and giants could see better. Of course, there was a only human part of the theater, in mostly every giant place. They only put human stuff mixed with giants for human and giant families or friends. "Here's your stuff bud." Finn dropped Neal off in his seat and all of his snacks. "Thanks." Neal smiled. "Finn thanks for taking me here today." Neal said tossing popcorn in his mouth. "My pleasure kiddo." Finn smiled. "Shhhhh! It's about to begin!" Neal hushed Finn. Finn leaned back in his seat watching the movie begin.
"THAT WAS AWESOME!" Neal screamed, jumping up from Finn's hand. "Your crazy Neal! It sucked!" Finn said walking out in the parking lot. "It certainly did not!" Neal poked part of Finn's chest. "Oh yes it did!" Finn laughed. "Do you want lunch than go to the bookstore?" Finn asked. "Sure I could go for a burger." Neal smiled. "Burgers it is! I know a great place to get some!"