Ch. 29 Memories and Unexpected Calls

Hellooo, good morning/ goodnight where ever you are :) How was the last chapter?

Dramatic aye? Yeah I know some of you hate me right now…. Its okay but it had to happen :/

Anyways hope you like this one! Please keep commenting and voting I love to see your comments!

Love ya xxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Melody’s POV---

I left the apartment; I couldn’t stand being there another moment. The rain outside was cold and poking into my back but I kept on running. I didn’t know where I was going, I ended up tripping on a root of a tree and fell to the ground, and I stayed there. I sat in the ground with my back against the tree that tripped me and cried silently to myself. There were so many things going on in my head I felt as though I would explode.

I remembered all the times I had with Carter, all the wonderful memories before he became distant with me. Now I know why…. God! Why hadn’t I seen it before? I was so convinced that he was gay that I never imagined he could have liked me. I remember the day I met Carter, we were in 7th grade.

----Flashback---

“Hi….can I sit here?” Carter asked shyly. I gave him a smile and nodded. We were in science and everyone seemed to know each other but Carter and I. We sat in silent until I broke the silence.

Sowhy did the man put his money in the freezer?” I asked him with a stupid smile on my face.

“I don’t know why?” He responded.

“Because he wanted cold hard cash!” I laughed saying the punch line making him laugh too. Maybe he laughed because it was so stupid but he seemed to relax more.

“I like you, you’re funny” He told me still smiling. I stopped laughing immediately when he said he liked me.

“Oh no, not like that; I’m gay” He said confidently. I smiled again. We’ve been friends since then.

---2 years later---

“Carter! Everyone has a date but me! Face it, I’m too ugly that no guy wants to date me” I told him, a tear slipping my eye. I was devastated that homecoming had arrived and I didn’t have a date, and it was my first year in high school.

“Babe, I’ll go with you” Carter told me putting his arm around me. I gave him a half smile and quickly wiped the tears that were pouring out of my eyes.

“Let’s get your hair done” He smiled at me and started working on my hair. He was always better at that then me. I quickly changed in front of him, not really caring if he saw me naked or not cause he was gay. Or at least I thought he was…. I knew he was. He’s dated guys before, I’ve met them. Homecoming that year was the best homecoming I’ve ever been too.

----Junior Year---

I had just arrived from school when my mom hit me with the news. She sat in the sofa silently crying to herself, barely looked up when I sat next to her. I wrapped my arms around her and whispered softly…

“Mom, why are you crying?” I knew something was wrong, my dad should be the one comforting her but he wasn’t here. I got this nervous feeling in my stomach like it had to do with my dad.

Without any pity or any feelings she said, “Your father died in a car accident” And then marched to her room. I sat alone in the sofa, shock, grief, sadness and anxiety hitting me all at once. He was gone. I ran, I jumped in my car and ran to Carter’s house. I barged in his house without greeting anyone and ran for his room. I opened the door and ran straight to his lap, clinging to him as if my life depended on it, all the tears flowing freely down my cheeks. He didn’t question me; he quietly let me vent all my feeling until I was ready to tell him. I ended up sleeping over that night.

---End of flashbacks---

The raining had stopped by now and I was completely socked. But it didn’t matter; nothing matters to me right now. I began to picture Harry now like if he was taking over me. The first time we met, when we met again in the mall, the time he came to the coffee shop, the time I saw him at the car wash, even the time we spent our first night handcuffed was a day I’ll never forget.

I’ve only known him for a short time but it was enough to bring so close to him, having been handcuffed and all. He was so sweet to me, so kind. When he confessed that he loved me, when he kissed me with such tenderness that night as if I were made of glass; all those precious moments forever engraved in my brain.

Now what to do with them? Carter says he loves me, Harry apparently has been playing me all this time and there’s a sex tape released of Harry and I. My life is a tangled mess.

I started to shiver, the wet clothes sticking to my body. I slowly rose myself up, flexing all my muscles that felt stiff from sitting so long. It was night fall already, how long did I sit under that tree?

I began walking back to the street to make my way home when I heard my phone ring. It hadn’t rung since I left the apartment, as if Harry and Carter knew I needed some space. Without looking at the caller idea I answer the phone.

“Hello, Melody?” That voice, I know that voice. It’s the one that has believed me dead for the last three years.  

“Mom?”