Ch. 30 Mom's in the Picture

Heellooo everyone! Thanks for the lovely comments and votes from the last chapter!

I was inspired and decided to update :D I hope you like it

It’s a bit of a filler and dramatic but I promise it’ll be over soon.

I know most of you hate me but I still love you for reading and voting!

And just wanted to say that Carter is BISEXUAL not straight.

Anyways hope you like this one! Please keep commenting and voting I love to see your comments!

Love ya xxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Melody’s POV---

“Mom” was all I managed to say. I felt my eyes sting again as I heard her cry my name repeatedly through the other line.

“Melody, my Melody; I’ve missed you so much!” She cried. She missed me. After three years, she actually called me. The sad thing was that she turned up in the worst possible time.

“You finally called” I whispered on the phone. I felt my legs go weak and I sunk back to the ground.

“Yes, baby and I am so sorry about these past few years but I don’t have much time. I’m at a payphone because I’m moving and they disconnected the line.” She quickly spoke through the phone.

“Wh-what, I I I don’t understand” I stumbled the words out of my mouth. Why didn’t she have time? After three years you’d think she’s have more time for me.

“Melody, will you come home?” She said more slowly. I was shocked; I never thought she’d ask me to come home after my father’s death, after everything that happened. I didn’t know what to say. I left Jersey as soon as I turned 18 and have gone back, now she expects me to go live with her again? After everything that she told me that day, after everything that she put me through after my father’s death. I don’t think I could ever go back; it has too many sad memories.

God, I feel as if though all the bad is piling on me one after the other. Carter and Annebelle are most likely waiting for me at home, Harry probably found out why I left crying and now my mom is asking me to move in with her, really? Can this day get any better! (A/N Last sentence was sarcastic in case nobody noticed it)

“I don’t know…” was all I said to her. “Could you call me tomorrow and I’ll give u my response?” I needed some time to think about all this, to organize my life.

“Melody I need to know today….” She trailed off almost irritated. I frowned subconsciously. Why was she irritated! I haven’t even moved in with her and we’re already fighting. Memories of the last fight I had with her before I left filled my mind….

---3 years ago---

“WHY CAN’T YOU FOR THIS ONCE NOT SCARE MY DATE AWAY!” She screamed at me. I stared at her bewildered; she honestly believed it was my fault that those creeps left because of me! They left because I refused to sleep with anyone them! I don’t plan on sleeping with any of those sickos that she brought to the house anytime soon.

“WHAT THE HELL! I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING” I screamed back at her.

“THEN WHY DO THEY ALL LEAVE?” She questioned me.

“I’VE ALREADY TOLD YOU! I refuse to be a whore unlike some people” I whispered the last part and dodged a picture frame she threw at me. It shattered in the floor like millions of water drops.

“YOU SEDUCE THEM” She accused me. “GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!” She opened the door and motioned me to leave. I was planning on leaving that day either way, I grabbed the suit case I had packed and walked out the door with a goodbye or an I’ll miss you, she kicked me out as if I were some dog from the street. In her mind I probably was. That day I stayed at Carter’s. In a week’s time, we left for NYU.

---End of flashback---

“Melody, I’m running out of time. I need an answer” She repeated through the phone. I was so out of this world that I didn’t notice she had been talking to me.

“No.” was all I told her. That memory was enough to remember who she became after my father’s death. To her, she could never love another being like she loved my father that’s why she had ‘small relationships’ or hook-ups.

“No, Melody you have to come.” She insisted through the phone. With all the problems that I’m having now, having to worry about her was the least that I wanted.

“No I don’t. I have my own life to worry about now, I was dead to you the day you kicked me out, now all of a sudden I'm alive again?” I snapped at her. I was done with the kind act and it seemed that she was too.

“Fine but I called to let you know that I have cancer and I’m dying.” She said and the phone went dead. I stared at the phone, scared, shocked, grief all hitting me like a slap in the face. I pulled myself up and walked back to the road, staring at the sky. After everything we’ve been through, she was still my mother and she was a perfect mother when my father was alive. I couldn’t but cry, cry at the thought that soon I would be attending another funeral.

I sat at a bench in the park, staring at the stars, adding everything up in my head.

Harry’s been lying to me all this time

Carter loves me

There’s a sex tape of Harry and I surfing the web

And my mother is dying