Ch. 34 Happy... Not Really

Heellooo everyone! How have you all been???I know you probably hate me for taking sooo long to update but with school and all the hate comments I’ve been getting, it’s just all been very discouraging….

But I’m back and hopefully you love me just a little to read, COMMENT/ VOTE!

AND HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING!

I hope everyone had an amazing thanksgiving…. God, I’m grateful for the lovely readers I have that always read every update and are super sweet in their comments! Thank you for reading; it’s like my fuel, I write for you to read!

Enjoy this chapter :)  

Love ya xxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melody's POV

Oh god, where are they! They should have been here 2 hours ago. Did they get lost....? I really hope not, it wouldn't help the situation.

My mother’s been missing for 2 days already; I don't know what to do anymore. She was last seen in the local bar.

I swear my life is hectic. My mother has cancer and is missing, Harry is probably with someone else by now and my best friend is nowhere to be found.

Why god, what did I do to deserve such bad luck.

I'm sitting in the back porch of my mother house when I hear a car pull up.

"....thank you" Annebelle's voice rings in my ears. I hear more muffling before a knock on the door.

"I'm in the back, come through the gate" I yell at her. Moments later I see her emerge through the gate with her suit case and a shadow following her close behind.

I run up and tackle her with a bear hug. "Oh, Anne I've missed you so much"

She giggles and hugs me back. "I've missed you too Mels"

The shadow behind her emerges and gives me a shy smile.

"Hey Melody" Niall says. My mouth drops and my heart starts to race. If he's here then that means that they're all here!

"What are you doing here?" The bitterness is clear in my voice. His smile drops to guilt.

"Um... Annebelle brought me" his voice is small and sad.

"I told you not to tell anyone" I turn my face towards Annebelle, anger taken over me.

"I'm sorry but its Niall and he promised not to tell anyone, not even the boys." She says apologetically.

"So they don't know your here..." I say carefully.

"Nope, they don't even know that we left." He says affirmatively. I nod and relax a bit.

"So why did you call me with such urgency?" Annebelle says after a while.

I begin to explain to her everything that's been happening up to the disappearance of my mother.

--------

---Harry's POV---

So its official, our Radio Tour starts in a week and I've never felt less enthusiastic for a tour. Don’t get me wrong, I love the fans and I live the rush when I'm on stage but something about this feels wrong, incomplete. Two days ago, I was all for it but now I don’t know.

"What’s on your mind Hazza?" Louis asks interrupting my thoughts. I shake my head and turn to look at him.

"Nothing really" I lie and he knows it. He knows that I'm really thinking on Melody. I wonder if she's okay. My mind starts to drift off again.

He raises an eyebrow at me and makes a duck face. "Maybe when I'm dead ill believe that" he says.

I smile at my best friends face and turn my attention back to him. Only he manages to get me to smile in the worst of times. He motions me to follow him to the living room and then to sit on the couch.

“Okay you need some serious cheering up mate…” He starts and pulls three movies from behind him. “So we’re watching Jack Ass 3, American Pie and White Chicks” he says with a goofy smile playing on his mouth.

Only Louis would choose those movies to cheer a mate up! My smile grows even more and soon I start to mirror his goofy smile. It’s going to be a long guy’s night.

----------

Next morning I wake up to soda and taco bell wrappers surrounding me and Louis’s musical snoring. I didn’t even know that was possible!

We have a long day a head. We’re going to start packing and doing basic rehearsal for all the concerts we’re going to perform. We also have to review exactly all the states and cities we’re going to and announce the tour to the fans, all in this week.

I creep off the sofa as quietly as possible and head to the shower. The warm water is soothing, makes me forget everything that is happening in reality, makes me forget Melody for a brief moment.

Who knew one girl could have such an effect on just one guy.  I sure never did.

-----------

---Melody’s POV---

Mornings are never easy but I try my best to not be so moody. That’s not really working out. I head to the kitchen and spy around, hoping that my miracle my mother will come around. But it’s the same as it has been for the past three days.

I grab a glass of milk with some cookies and sit on the couch to watch some TV. As soon as I turn the TV he’s face invaded the screen. It’s as if he knew I would be watching TV at this time.  I decide not to change it this time.

“….Yeah and we’re very excited to announce that we’re doing a radio tour! YAYAYAYAY!” He cheers like a five year on Christmas morning. I wonder why he’s announcing that alone.

“Well thank you Harry for that big announcement. New York, Directioners of the world; that was Harry Styles for yeah with his surprise announcement! If yea missed it check it out on our website for now have a good morning and goodbye” The reporter signs off and the channel switches to another Celebrity gossip show.

Well, he sounded happy…. I hope he is.