Chapter 20: It Begins

Flashback.

"Mommy! Where's daddy?"

"H-he, he's gone."

"What do you mean mommy? Daddy's at work! When's he coming home."

"Honey, look at this."

She showed me a video of the news, and then it showed dads building collapsing from a fire. She covered her mouth and started crying.

"Mommy! Mommy.... isn't that... daddy's work place..."

"Yes dear.... I'm sorry.... w-we both didn't know this was coming...I- I could've saved him I-"

"Mommy... it wasn't your fault..."

She Looked at me eyes wide. She engulfed me in a hug.

The Next Day:

"Mommy I-." I stopped dead silent.

She was holding a knife to her stomach.

She relaxed.

"No. It's not worth it. I have a daughter. Leaving her would mean she'd have nobody that understood her."

She put the knife away.

I Never knew what she meant until-

"NO!" I said hugging Hiro and turning him around so it was my back that faced Momakase. My eye glowing a cold blue.

TIMESTOP

Everything blew away. Momakase was pushed aback.

And everything stopped.

I stood there. My dress swaying from the wind that stopped everything.

I glared at Momakase.

I touched her shoulder.

...
...
...
...
...
...
...

"Play."

Momakase started moving again.

"ARGGHHH!!!!"

"Stop." I said holding my hand in front of her. Stopping her movement.

I poked her nose with one finger.

"Play."

Only her face could move now.

"HEY! Why can't I move! Did you paralyze me?"

"Quit playing dumb Momakase. I know you know about my powers, now spit!"

"And what will you do if I don't?"

I glared at her.

"I will resume everything except you. You will be a frozen statue for eternity! And you better answer truthfully as well."

"What do you want me to tell you about then?"

"Why did you kill my mother?"

"..."

"I didn't."

"DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME! I LOST MY FATHER TO A FIRE! I LOST MY SISTER TO HER MOVING AWAY! AND NOW I LOST MY MOTHER BECAUSE OF YOU! NOW SPIT IT OUT BEFORE I RESUME HALF OF YOUR BODY AND BREAK YOUR SPINE!"

I was crying angrily now

"I'm being serious you know. I really didn't kill your mother." Momakase said calmly, as if I didn't threat her.

"Then who did? Was it Liv-"

"Nobody killed her."

My eyes grew wide.

"What?"

"You should know who Liv Amara is by now, she's a bio tech genius."

"What does that have to do with anything."

"You're Mom isn't dead Y/n. Now let me go or else she will be." Momakase threatened willingly.

I resume Momakase.

"I should go. It would be kinda hard to kidnap you if  time is literally frozen solid."

"Well. Bye." I said as Momakase stood by the ceiling waiting for me to resume time again.

"Oh right. Sorry."

Time Resume

My eye turned normal again.

And Momakase Ran away.

"Y/n! No- wait what happened? Where's Momakase." Hiro said getting up.

I hugged him.

"She got away." I said into Hiro's shoulder

"Oh."

"THE POLICE IS HERE!" Megan's dad said breaking open the door with Megan close behind him.

"Oh~ am I uh, interrupting something?" Megan's Dad said.

Me and Hiro immediately let go.

"No! Nothing at all. Momakase got away though." I said dusting myself off.

"Oh the long nails lady? Don't worry we are on to her." He said. Me and Hiro just rolled our eyes.

"Anyways you kids get home safe." He said.

"Thank you I-."

"Y/N!!! HIRO!!!" Megan said pushing her dad away. Engulfing the both of us in a hug.

"Woah! Megan! We're ok! We actually hid in the janitors closet. Momakase couldn't find us so.. she got away." I said struggling to keep my balance since Megan practically pounced on us.

"I'm so glad you guys are okay. I was so worried. One minute the door closes and I'm calling my dad and the next I see Momakase escaping!"

Hiro looked at me. I rolled my eyes.

We walked out the building.

"That was one crazy day." I said walking with Hiro home.

"It was but, what did you do that made Momakase leave, or why did you let her escape?" Hiro asked.

"She well, threatened to kill my mom, so I had to let her go."

"But I thought she killed your mom already- unless she- ....oh." Hiro looked at me wide eyed.

"Hey, at least now I know she's out there somewhere." I said taking Hiro's hand.

We then walked home hand in hand.

I then knew that this,

Was only the beginning.

Man that was one dark yet light chapter. Also 1K VIEWS? NANI?! I didn't deserve this guyssss. Anyways thank you for all the views and votes guys, I really appreciate that some people like my writing. It's honestly not for the fame I just wanna see if people would take the time and effort to read this. Also thanks for being patient when School got me busy.

Anyways, STAY HYDRATED!