Because Today Is Moving Day

My car pulls into the driveway of the restaurant and I step out, handing the keys to the guy at the valet parking desk. I walk on into the restaurant, suddenly feeling very out of place in my only semi-formal clothing.

"Miss Collins?" I turn around and smile at the lady who called my name.

"Yes, that's me." I reply.

"Your partner is waiting for you at your table. Please, follow me." She gives me a polite bow and then walks forward, allowing me to walk behind her.

She leads me all the way to the most secluded area of the restaurant and I spot Heath.

He stands up and smiles at me as the lady walks away.

I can't help but do a double take.

He looks very nice- all dressed up in a black tuxedo with his dark brown hair slightly covering his green eyes. He has a nice red tie, which happens to match my shirt. "Hey, Sadie. You look great."

"So do you." I reply, in the most monotone voice I can manage.

"Thank you." He pulls the chair out for me and I sit down as he takes his own seat. "I already ordered for us- I hope you don't mind."

"It's fine. Thanks." I sigh.

"So how's the moving with Niall going?"

I can tell he's just trying to be nice and spark conversation, but I really don't want to talk to him. "It's going great. We have everything there and now we just need to unpack all the boxes."

"I'd offer to help, but you'd only get mad at me..." He says with a slight laugh in his voice.

I smile. "I don't think Niall would be happy with that."

He returns the smile and suddenly a flash goes off- just like the one at the coffee shop. I quickly turn my head just in time to see a man running away with a camera.

Oh my God.

"Get him!" I scream and get up, dashing after the man.

Heath passes me- he was always a better runner than me...

Either way, the man is gone.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Stupid paparazzi. I'm not even famous- leave me alone..."

I head into the restaurant again and sit back down at our table, Heath showing up a few seconds later. "I couldn't get him, sorry." He sighs.

"Nah, it's fine. Half the pictures they take don't go anywhere. Whatever."

There's a small awkward silence as we both just sip our drinks, not saying anything.

Finally, the waitress comes back and sets down both of our meals.

He ordered both of us ziti, my favorite!

I smile and eat the pasta happily. "I love ziti!" I giggle. Nothing makes mama happier than food. Hashtag the sad truth. Oh my.

Heath grins. "I know. I never really liked it though. But, I guess I'll give it a shot."

My phone vibrates so I take it out and look at the screen. "It's from Tricia... She says that our first day will be next week, actually."