Here Come The Complications

Light shines through my eyes and I quickly sit upright, frantically.

                “Sadie!” Jason holds my hand tightly and I look around groggily.

                “Where am I?” As soon as I speak, my hand shoots towards my stomach, where the pain is coming from. It’s not very bad, but I can definitely feel it.

                “The hospital.” He sighs. “How do you feel?”

                “I’m okay… What happened? Where’s Niall?”

                “Sadie, I don’t know how to tell you this. Niall, he didn’t make it.”

                “Wh-what… No. No, you’re lying. Please tell me you’re lying!” The walls seem to be closing in on me. I feel dizzy. Niall. No, it can’t be.

                “No. He didn’t make it,” Jason pauses a few seconds then bursts into laughter. “Well, he hasn’t made it back from the cafeteria yet.”

                My eyes widen and I punch him as hard as I can in the arm. “You ASSHOLE! I thought he was dead!”

                “Sorry! I’ve been here for three days waiting for you to wake up, I’m bored!” He grins and kisses my forehead. “Love you, sis.”

                “Shut up.” I grumble and push him away playfully.

                “I’m going to go get everyone, okay? They would only allow one visitor at a time since you weren’t awake yet. I’ll be right back.” He smiles and leaves the room, leaving me in total silence.

                If Niall’s in the cafeteria, that means he’s made a better recovery than I have, right? I hope so.

                Suddenly, that blond headed boy that I love so much walks in through the doors, holding a giant teddy bear and a heart shaped box of chocolates. “Sadie…”

                “Niall!” I sit up again, ignoring the pain in my side as I give him a loving hug as he sits down on my bed.

                “How are you feeling? I was worried sick…” He strokes my cheek and looks into my brown eyes worried.

                “I’m okay. There’s a little bit of pain in my side, but I’m not that hurt.”

                “They did a small operation to get a chip of the bullet out of your side. Luckily, Heath was drunk and couldn’t aim well, so he missed any vital points of your body, so you weren’t very hurt. You just went into shock. Same with me. In fact, I was able to dodge the bullet almost entirely- I just got a gash on my side.” He pulls up the corner of his shirt to show a deep cut, that’s already on it’s way to becoming a scar. It has a few stitches on it, but it’s recovering rapidly.

                “What about Heath?” I ask.

                His eyes divert down and he sighs, not answering my question.

                “Niall… What happened to Heath?”

                “He killed himself. After he shot at us, he was so drunk that he couldn’t think right and he just shot himself in the head.” My eyes widen in horror and a little gasp escapes my lips. Oh my God… “Sadie, I’m so sorry.”