Chapter 4: Primal Instincts & Beastly Encounters

Night
Delinquent

The sound of running water disrupted my silence. I fluttered my eyes open, trying to adjust to my surroundings. The warmness of the quilt and the softness of the bed soothed my body.

Judging from how cold my face was, the temperature was dropping fast.

How did I end up here?

Opening my eyes didn't make much of a difference seeing how pitch black everything was. Stretching my limbs, I climbed down the bed and tried my best not to trip on stuff as I tried to find the switch.

My hand stopped on something warm.

Damp and warm.

"I would advise you to stop doing that," an unfamiliar accented baritone voice startled me out of my wits.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I yelled. Backing away in an instant, not caring if I stub my toe on a sharp edge.

"Calm down," the moment he said that, the lights came back on.

Stormy grey irises greeted my icy blue ones.

Callahan.

"How the hell did I end up here? I fell asleep outside-"

"A bloody thank you would be nice," he cleared his throat. "You looked uncomfortable sleeping out there and it'll be freezing soon, so I carried you here."

I was stuck in my own train of thoughts, not bothering to reply him.

"Cat got your tongue? Don't tell me you're one of those floozy ladies who'll accuse me of rape. Women these days," he rolled his eyes as if he experienced it firsthand.

Pretty, but what a dick.

There, in front of me, stood the handsome stranger from breakfast. His lightly tanned skin was illuminated by the dimly lit bedroom.

No matter how rude my actions were, I couldn't help but stare.

The broadness of his shoulders enhanced his muscular build. Droplets of water trailed down his pecks, fixating my gaze on them. His chiseled complexion lured me to come closer, and as my gaze got lower, a fluffy white towel was wrapped around his waist, emphasizing the sharp shadows of his V-line. In short, Cal looked like a Greek sculpture that came into life.

"I feel violated. Like what you see, love?" I snapped out of my trance to meet his eyes.

However, when I searched for them, his stare was fixated on something else.

Trying to follow his gaze, it suddenly hit me.

Cal was focusing on my lips.

"W-what are y-you doing?" Panic surged over me as my hand fumbled around to find a sharp object to protect myself with.

He took a step closer.

"Be careful, there's a-"

I was about to tilt my head to the side when my foot slipped. I braced myself to feel the impact of the hard wooden floor, but it never came.