Chapter 5: The Howling Truth

Night
Delinquent

"SHE'S AWAKE! Gerard, she's awake!"

"Keep it down will you?" Dad's scruffy voice boomed throughout the room. "My ears are working perfectly fine, woman."

Having got pulled back to earth, my parents' bickering sounded distant.

"M-mom?" Her petite figure was blurry, but I managed to made out her silhouette just fine.

"Sweetie, how's your head?"

"Fine I guess?" My vision returned.

Observing my surroundings, I was laying on the couch in our living room. Nobody else was here except for my parents.

"Do you remember what happened?" Dad sat on the edge of the couch. His blue eyes keenly scanned over my face. We shared the same shade of blue. Icy blue.

"Yeah? I went for a shortcut but-"

Creature. Bipedal. Cal. Wolf.

"But what?" He pestered.

"Nothing. I dreamed about seeing a weird guy in an ugly balding furry costume," maybe it was just a dream. One of those realistic nightmares.

"You saw it too didn't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"That creature. The lycan," he stood up and crossed his arms.

"I-it's real?" Someone must've spiked his drink with a strong dose of cocaine too.

"I saw it. You saw it. Your mother saw it. Everyone saw what you saw."

"Impossible," I scoffed, "I saw a man turn into an animal, dad," before cracking into a fit of laughter.

People could be worse than animals sometimes, but to actually be one?

"He's serious," mom also looked at me with a straight face. "This is exactly what we came here for."

"Huh?"

"Look, we're sorry to keep this from you for a very long time," dad began. "We tried everything we could to make sure you live a normal life."

"But we cannot force you to become something that you're not. Reality changed our perspective, sweetie," mom added. "We can't change your blood."

"What are you talking about?" I laughed it off.

"It means you're not human, love," another voice entered the room.

Upon seeing his face, my face flushed redder than a tomato. Sinful memories started to repeat itself in my mind.

"What is he doing here?" Dad showed that he was clearly displeased with Cal's presence.

"Gerard," mom said in a warning tone.

"I'm not human?" It seemed like Johnny English forgot to take his daily meds. "Is this a prank?"