Chapter 6: Blood Lineage

Night
Delinquent

Disbelief had kept me awake ever since that cursed night. My emotions were a fucking mess. It was a hectic combination of confusion, shock, anger, fear, and madness.

"Maybe I shouldn't have done that," regretting how I forced my parents to watch Twilight several years ago when they visited me in Chicago.

Back then, I was team Edward.

I spent days locking myself in my room and even conducted a mini research for everything in connection with this craziness. Starting from werewolves which scarred my eyes for life by seeing a bunch of weird furry pictures, lycanthropy, and drugs that can cause people to have realistic hallucinations.

Amphetamines, ecstasy, cocaine, opium, and LSD.

Those were the major suspects, but how? I never did any of them. I was pretty confident with my state of cleanliness.

"Sweetie?" A knock interrupted. Mom had been trying to persuade me to come outside for hours now. "You haven't touched your food yet."

"Just leave me alone. I think I'm losing my mind. We all are!"

"We're not crazy, it's just- Ugh you go talk to her," I heard whispers coming from the other side of the door as another knock erupted.

"Bee, it's Corrine. Open up."

Upon hearing a familiar voice, I unlocked the door. "FINALLY!" I pulled her inside before locking the door twice.

"Whoa whoa, hold your horses," the blondie scolded.

Corrine was Carson's little sister. She was exactly my age, two years younger than the guys. Dirty blonde hair, the same shade as her brother cascaded down to her pinched-in waist. In fact, she was the female version of Carson. A lot less brawny though.

Her bedroom eyes carefully scanned the chaotic room until they landed on mine as she sat on the edge of my bed. Concern were evident in those frosty blue irises.

"Don't tell me . . ." I placed a hand over my mouth. "You're part of the CULT too?!"

"A cult?!" She scoffed. "Wake up, Bee. That incident was a wake up call. Let's face it. You're. Not. Human!"

"W-what? You've got to be joking right?" I paced around, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Slowly, she stood up and rested her hands on my shoulders. "Come with me. There are things I wanna show you."

"But-"

"I won't take no for an answer. I've gone through my transformation and fyi, that means I'm stronger than you," she smirked. "I'll carry you if I have to."

"Transformation? What the fu-"

"I know it's too much to take in, but there's a lot of explaining to do, babe," she gave me a comforting hug. "Now change! Wear something warm. Your Mr. Tall, dark, and handsome won't come near you, remember?" She winked.

"My what now?"

I stared at her dumbfounded for a while before widening my eyes. "CAL?! No no no, it's not what you think it is!"