Chapter Thirteen

Harry had had an exhausting couple of weeks. Ash had been constantly visiting his father since he had been allowed to, and most of the time, Harry went with him for support. His father seemed to be getting along okay with the treatments at the new centre, and Harry was doing his best to stay hopeful for both him and his boyfriend since Ash seemed a little pessimistic about everything still.

When he wasn't at the psychiatric hospital with Ash, he was at their apartment keeping things tidy and working extra shifts so they could pay the rent, or he was at uni lectures, taking all the notes he could so that Ash could copy them down when they both had a spare minute.

On top of all that, he had been trying to make sure he was back home at least once a week to see his brothers and Dad and Papa. Honestly though, with everything being so hectic, he hadn't had time to miss them.

So when Ash came home that evening a little happier since his father seemed to be doing a little better that day, he was relieved. He felt slightly bad, because it wasn't that he was done with supporting his boyfriend through this tough time - he just didn't realise how tiring it was to have to be the strong one in the relationship for once. He knew now how it must have been for Ashton all the years they had been together, and he didn't feel guilty...he just felt grateful.

So he pulled his boyfriend into a bear hug as soon as he walked in through the door, and the nineteen year old returned it without a moment's hesitation, letting out a sigh and resting his chin on Harry's shoulder. "Hello to you too," he murmured, and Harry smiled against his neck.

"Hi. I love you," he replied gently, and Ashton held him a little tighter as if he had really needed to hear those words in that moment.

"I love you too," he said softly in return, words oozing honesty. He pulled away slightly then, eyes carefully scanning Harry's face. "Are you okay? Is everything alright at work and home and -"

"I'm fine, Ash. Just tired...your Dad's okay?" he deflected, smiling and blushing like they were fourteen all over again when his boyfriend lifted a hand to play with one of his curls.

He nodded, eyes gentle. "Yeah, he's - I mean, I think he's doing a little better today."

Harry smiled at that, taking Ash's free hand and holding it in both of his, giving it a soft squeeze. "Good. That's good," he murmured, and Ashton leaned forward to press a kiss to his forehead, staying there for a moment and closing his eyes.

"God, I don't know what I'd do without you," he whispered, then pulled away and cupped his face carefully with both hands so that Harry squirmed bashfully. Ash grinned at him. "You're like this adorable little ball of fluff, look at you," he teased, and Harry wrinkled up his nose, tugging away with a laugh.

"Stop, you big softie. Get off me," he yelped when Ash chased him down the hallway and into the bathroom until he was backed up against the wall. Then he found himself in a warm kiss, and he embraced every moment of it, wishing it could last forever. He really was so grateful to have Ash in his life.

When the kiss ended, Ashton looked at him with soft eyes and sighed. "You look exhausted," he said, and Harry scoffed with a small smirk.

"Wow, thanks. Think I preferred 'little ball of fluff', you know?" he said, and Ash laughed.

"Go on, take a bath. You deserve it, you've been running around after me for the past couple weeks and with everything that happened with the crash and stuff...I don't want you exerting yourself too much, babe," he murmured, pressing another kiss to his forehead.

Harry smirked teasingly, hands gripping the front of Ash's shirt. "A bath? Why not make it a shower...you could join me?" he asked suggestively, and Ashton grinned and pecked his lips.